Looking for an 03 Cobra in Ma

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Hi,

I hope this is OK to post this here but I need some help from the New England people. I am looking for an 03 Cobra to purchase. I prefer very light mods or stock and all colors will be considered. After several years I am finally looking to get back into a Mustang Cobra. :banana: Please shoot me a pm if you or someone you know is selling.

Thanks,
Bob

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Looking for an 03 Cobra around Ma.

Really depends on the car. I would like to stay in the $23k-$24k range. That's Edmund.com privateparty value and what I have seen some going for lately.

Thanks

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Oops,

Legal name is Mike, nickname is Bob. Don't ask. Long story going back to highschool freekin 15 years ago. I do that occasionally. Thanks for catching that.

Bob

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
AutocrosserBob said:
Oops,

Legal name is Mike, nickname is Bob. Don't ask. Long story going back to highschool freekin 15 years ago. I do that occasionally. Thanks for catching that.

Bob

Hey Mike,Bob,

Who do you autox with? I'm wondering if we have met...

Dave

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Nope definitely not that (thank god). So tell me, do you think it's gonna be possible to find a Cobra for about 24k or am I barking up an empy tree?

Bob

Chris Yates

Established Member
Hey (cough) Bob,

Can't wait to see what you bring to tyhe first autox... Better hurry, April is just around the corner...

Chris Yates
96 Kobra

RealQuick

Established Member
Davesnake said:
Hey Mike,Bob,

Who do you autox with? I'm wondering if we have met...

Dave

Hey Dave, this is Jon. I think your the Dave I occassionally talk to at the Abington Ale house car shows in the summer. I have the white LT1 camaro that I am buildinga 383 for. I believe you and the other guy in the red cobra vert are the two i talked to. My dad has a black C5 that we usually roll in with.

Jon

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
RealQuick said:
Hey Dave, this is Jon. I think your the Dave I occassionally talk to at the Abington Ale house car shows in the summer. I have the white LT1 camaro that I am buildinga 383 for. I believe you and the other guy in the red cobra vert are the two i talked to. My dad has a black C5 that we usually roll in with.

Jon

Damm bagged again! I can't hide from anybody.... :nonono:

What's up Jon,

How's the camaro coming along? I have a few things going on with the cobra, nothin major. The Monday hang is only three an a half months away :beer:

Dave

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Hi guys,

I may have found an 03 to purchase in my pricerange and am planning on looking at it this weekend. Is there anything specific I should check for on these cars? Also, can you tell by the VIN if it is an early or late 03?

Thanks
Bob

RealQuick

Established Member
Davesnake said:
Damm bagged again! I can't hide from anybody.... :nonono:

What's up Jon,

How's the camaro coming along? I have a few things going on with the cobra, nothin major. The Monday hang is only three an a half months away :beer:

Dave

Project is coming. I sold the vortech blower and picked up a t76 turbo for my 383 :) Should be a 700rwhp pile of crap when i am done. It wont be ready for the shows this summer though. Spring of 06' you'll see it roaming around. Till then I'll see you at the shows and I'll enjoy the cars and my cigars :)

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
RealQuick said:
Project is coming. I sold the vortech blower and picked up a t76 turbo for my 383 :) Should be a 700rwhp pile of crap when i am done. It wont be ready for the shows this summer though. Spring of 06' you'll see it roaming around. Till then I'll see you at the shows and I'll enjoy the cars and my cigars :)

Hey it might be a pile of crap! but, It's a 700rwhp pile of crap! :rockon:

Yeah I'll be there

Dave

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
AutocrosserBob said:
Hi guys,

I may have found an 03 to purchase in my pricerange and am planning on looking at it this weekend. Is there anything specific I should check for on these cars? Also, can you tell by the VIN if it is an early or late 03?

Thanks
Bob

You can also tell what run the Cobra is by looking at the passenger
door jam. It should have the computer code on a sticker, either a
QUD2, YDH0, or a YDH1. 2004 came out with a AMZ1 code.

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Ok, the car was built in April of 03 and unfortunately I forgot to get the computer code. Does anyone know if some of the paint/primer issues were fixed at the factory? The current owner swears he never had the car painted but there is overspray on the side view mirrors???? From what I can see it has never been hit as the undercarriage is perfect.

Thanks,
Bob

Users who are viewing this thread