Looking for a Tuner near Shreveport

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
I just brought my supercharged 1995 SHO down here and I'm looking for a well regarded tuner in the area. I'm guessing there isn't anyone local so between Dallas and Baton Rouge which tuners should I look into? The car runs fine but it needs a few tweaks to improve driveability and it could stand a run on the dyno to see how much power it's putting down and find MBT. With the amount of boost and an E85 diet I'm hoping for a good bit more than it was making over a mile high on a bad tune with no secondaries.

jwt390030

Established Member
Call mike amerson at tdc performance in mobile alabama. I'm certain that he could refer you to some good guys in your area.

Cheers,

John

Tech4Dummies

Established Member
I just brought my supercharged 1995 SHO down here and I'm looking for a well regarded tuner in the area. I'm guessing there isn't anyone local so between Dallas and Baton Rouge which tuners should I look into? The car runs fine but it needs a few tweaks to improve driveability and it could stand a run on the dyno to see how much power it's putting down and find MBT. With the amount of boost and an E85 diet I'm hoping for a good bit more than it was making over a mile high on a bad tune with no secondaries.

Any luck? Kittler's in Bossier is technically an "automotive machine shop" but i'm sure they know a lot of guys in the business & could direct you to a reputable tuner shop with a dyno that is closer than Dallas or the swamps.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
Any luck? Kittler's in Bossier is technically an "automotive machine shop" but i'm sure they know a lot of guys in the business & could direct you to a reputable tuner shop with a dyno that is closer than Dallas or the swamps.

I haven't even taken it out of my garage since I brought it down here. It's too far deep in the stack plus I'm worried about scraping the bumper when I back out. I got lucky putting it in but I need to make some ramps since they didn't cut the curb here. I have my truck in the back, a 91+ in the middle and then the 95. I keep the left side clear so I can drive my 93 to and from work.

Joewee500

Established Member
No tuners anywhere near shreveport. Longview has East Texas Muscle Cars but they do mostly GM stuff. I talked with them and they would rent their dyno to allow for a remote tune.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
I guess I could fly in a tuner to run it on a dyno there and it's close enough I wouldn't have to trailer it out. A person would be hard pressed to break the car but I'd rather not chance it. This place is lacking a serious car scene and these roads are horrible.

Joewee500

Established Member
You don't need to fly in a tuner. Most good tuners will do a remote tune from anywhere in the country. Just link up with the shop your car is at and make adjustments and you load the tune and do another pull. I agree about the car scene here, that's why my car is being built at ProEdge in Connecticut.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
You don't need to fly in a tuner. Most good tuners will do a remote tune from anywhere in the country. Just link up with the shop your car is at and make adjustments and you load the tune and do another pull. I agree about the car scene here, that's why my car is being built at ProEdge in Connecticut.

True, but I'd need somebody to sit in the passenger seat to make it drive easier. it could be done by sending in my logs but watching and tweaking real time would be faster.

do you know of any regular car meets around here?

Users who are viewing this thread