Looking for a reputable performance shop in IL

BlueVenom01

Established Member
Can anyone in the IL area give some names of some reputable performance shops close to Peoria, IL (or within 2-3 hrs drive)?

Looking for a shop that does top-notch work that won't rape you on price...

Thanks!!!

BM1

Established Member
It depends on what you want done.

I go through Bob Kurgan for all of my tuning. Eurotech in Machesney Park is going to be doing my fuel system upgrades as well as blower/methanol install. They've done setups like that on two other '99-'04 Stangs that I know of personally and they are both top notch.

I also have work done at Illinois Dyno Center located in Port Byron. They did my BBK long tube headers and they have been trouble free since day 1.

venamous01

Established Member
NO ANDERSON FORD. my friend took his 03 cobra their, and has had nothing but problems. they seem like they know what their doin with the 5.0 but we had to tell them stuff about the 4v, and im not tech by far. they actually put the motor back in ontop of the starter wire, and he got it back took it a mile down the road and it died with smoke going everywhere. they also scratched his side skirts with their jack, they said they didint do it, but they did repaint it for free so i think its pretty obvious they did.

CobraSusie

Team Shelby Great Lakes State Director (Indiana)
Established Member
I had mine tuned at Speed Inc. and not one problem, very happy with them !

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
It depends on what you want to have done, I suppose.

I've used R&T Unlimited in Peoria on several occassions and they've done right by me. Rob is a good guy. They used to be in Falcon Court on Detwiller off of Knoxville Ave but someone had told me they've moved to Chillicothe? I don't know for certain.

Last telephone number I had for them was (309) 683-3566.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
It depends on what you want to have done, I suppose.

I've used R&T Unlimited in Peoria on several occassions and they've done right by me. Rob is a good guy. They used to be in Falcon Court on Detwiller off of Knoxville Ave but someone had told me they've moved to Chillicothe? I don't know for certain.

Last telephone number I had for them was (309) 683-3566.

I heard that they moved too...I was talking to the owner one day (can't remember his name) at our sons' school - he sounded straight....then i hear from one of techs from the dealership where i had my motor replaced, that R&T's didn't really focus on stangs (basically they didn't know what they doing with stangs - i guess they supposedly jacked up this guys' '66 and the dealership was trying fix the problem) and that they were more of an f-body shop...so now i'm torn.

all i want done is in the "awaiting install" part of my sig, along with some dyno runs and tune if they could swing it. what have they done on your car?

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
They installed my gears, and also diagnosed some other problems I was having with my car. And I will tell you, my gears are perfect. No whine at all. I have a buddy with a Lightning that has had them do a TON of shit... suspension work, pulleys, a ported blower, gears, longtubes, FTVB, a torque converter, dyno time. He has nothing bad to say about them.

And while I have seen a lot of LSx cars there every time I've been there, I've also seen quite a few Mustangs.

Personally, I would have no reservations about having them install the parts you've listed in your signature. And when you think about it, they're not exactly items that are specifically Mustang related. I mean, it's common stuff you could do to any vehicle.

BlueVenom01

Established Member
They installed my gears, and also diagnosed some other problems I was having with my car. And I will tell you, my gears are perfect. No whine at all. I have a buddy with a Lightning that has had them do a TON of shit... suspension work, pulleys, a ported blower, gears, longtubes, FTVB, a torque converter, dyno time. He has nothing bad to say about them.

And while I have seen a lot of LSx cars there every time I've been there, I've also seen quite a few Mustangs.

How are they on price? It's good to get a recommendation from someone who's driving their work! :burnout:

Personally, I would have no reservations about having them install the parts you've listed in your signature. And when you think about it, they're not exactly items that are specifically Mustang related. I mean, it's common stuff you could do to any vehicle.

Good point....Sounds like I'm going to R&T's!:thumbsup:

Thanks for the input Tabres :beer:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
Sound Performance hands down. Some of the fastest cars in the Midwest have been built from there. Hell guys trailer their cars in from all across the country to have them worked on there.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
How are they on price?

I think I paid $300 for them to do my gears and address some electrical issue I was having. They did the labor and provided the rear end fluid. I provided the gears.

Not sure what I'd tell you to expect it to cost on the gears since yours is IRS car...

BlueVenom01

Established Member
I think I paid $300 for them to do my gears and address some electrical issue I was having. They did the labor and provided the rear end fluid. I provided the gears.

Not sure what I'd tell you to expect it to cost on the gears since yours is IRS car...

Going to R&T's this Friday for gears, irs brace, mmflsc, dyno, and tune...let you how it turns out...

BlueVenom01

Established Member
how did it go?

outstanding....R&T's is a class act...the owner is a great guy and knows his shit!!!

put it this way - when he swapped out my gears, he adjusted the backlash by feel and sound, then checked it with the marking compound. they were dead on - the gears are perfect, no whine at all!

he's very knowledgeable and a perfectionist - prices are good too....go see him. they are located in canton. you won't be disappointed!

i'm going back to get a dyno tune soon.... :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread