Looking for a really sticky rear tire for boss 302

gripguru

Established Member
Bumping this up.

Anyone have feedback on the BFG Rival S? I'm close to buying a set in the factory size (285/35/19) for my Boss and the reviews seem pretty good.

I never got the chance to run the Rival S but I had the regular rivals last season, 315/30/18 rear and 295/35/18 front and it was ridiculous the amount of grip that I had. when it was warm outside they dead hooked from a dig. however the rear was a little short for my taste so I went to an nitto nt01 and with some heat in them I was able to holeshot my buddies evo and an pro charged srt8 jeep. think I was launching at about 3k. not sure how much your into taking corners but the grip was unreal in the twisties.

_Snake_

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I realized the Rival S doesn't come in 285/35/19, but the Rival does.

Decisions, decisons.

gripguru

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback. I realized the Rival S doesn't come in 285/35/19, but the Rival does.

Decisions, decisons.

you will be happy with the tire either way. I was impressed with how well those tires stuck to the ground, it was actually scary sometimes how much harder I could push it in the corners as opposed to my old NT05's. but they were on heavy 20 inch rims so its not a really fair comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread