looking for a quarter mile track in PA

Cobra835

Established Member
In am not far from Scranton, PA and am looking for a 1/4 mile track to take the Cobra to and see what she will do. Does anyone have any recommendations or experience in this geographic are? This would be my first time to a track, as well as first time with the Cobra.

Thanks in advance for your help.

bossvt

Established Member
I'm quite sure there is one up in your general vicinity. I can't remember the name of it, but I know it's there because an acquaintance was just up there 2 weekends ago testing his 99 Cobra. It's got to be a quarter mile track, because he ran a 10.14 quarter mile.

There is also Maple Grove just south of Reading, but that's at least 2 hours from you.

Good luck.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Atco, NJ (minutes from Philadephia) is a great track.

cobrabruce

Established Member
Numedia Raceway would probably be the easiest for you to get to and is a nice track. Unfortunately they have just closed for the season. :shrug:

msp282

I sell crack
Established Member
I went to Maple Grove in early August and there were 2 guys there from Scranton.... apparently Reading is the closest place.?

If you get there right at about 5:00pm on friday night test and tune, you can get in about 5-6 runs before lights out at 10:00pm.

If you want to try a little track... www.beaversprings.com is south of selinsgrove... not sure how far that is from you.?

You can get like 20 runs in there in 4 hours. :)

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
www.islanddragway.com

It's where I run my baby... Probably closest advice so far..

PS- I used to meet my buddy for the weekend who lived out there, and pick up girls cruising (racing)the streets on Fri and Sat nights..

Got in many fights with the college boys, beigin a car from w/NJ plates I guess, and takin there womens... Stories from that place..FUN!

Cobra835

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. Islanddragway seems like my first choice, as it is only about an hour from me. See if I can get some free time one of these weekends. Thanks again!

mr-mstng

Established Member
Originally posted by cobrabruce
Numedia Raceway would probably be the easiest for you to get to and is a nice track. Unfortunately they have just closed for the season. :shrug:

I agree, Numedia is the closest, but I wasn't sure when they close.

Users who are viewing this thread