Looking for a new daily driver.

csm1320

Established Member
Looking to get a new daily to beat on. Needs to have 4 doors and cost around 5k. Any suggestions out there.

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
What are you mainly looking for? V8 fun? Gas saving econobox? Comfy leather?

Without knowing anything, I present some options:

-P71 Crown Vic. A dime a dozen, comfy, roomy, tanks, tons of parts available, respectable speed for a cheap DD.

14696.jpg

-Older WRX. Don't know much about them, but I think you can get an older one for around that price? It's a WRX, not super fast but fun.

subaru_impreza_wrx_603062.jpg

-Late 90s Lincoln Continental. 4V power, Lincoln luxury. Troublesome air suspension if not converted to coils, but so cheap these days who cares.

1999_Lincoln_Continental.jpg

-90s LT1 Caprice/Impala SS. TANK. My sister hit a schoolbus with one (yes, a schoolbus..) and it drove fine after. LT1 is a gas hog but surprisingly quick for being a modern land yacht. MPG is abysmal.

1994-impala-ss.jpg

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Broncos are ****ing bad ass, no 4 door, but still tons of room and a back seat! Otherwise, crown Vic.

Last edited:

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
zx5 focus svt, or zx4 focus ST

Qft, I bought a 2003 focus Zx3 pzev for 3900 with 110k on it it now has 165k on it with minor parts replacements. Clutch, wheel bearings, alternator. I'm willing to bet it goes another 100k. Currently the car is getting 32 mpgs as well.

zpstang96

Established Member
Couldn't be happier with my 94 Subaru Legacy wagon that I paid $2100 for with 78k. I wanted something awd though so it depends what you're looking for

Turkey_Lurker03

Established Member
I vote crown Vic could prob tune it for some decent mpg haul some people around and make it sound good. I drive 70 mi a day wish I could convince the wife to let me pick one up

HandBanana

Established Member
Crown Vic? Continental? Seriously?? What about something that actually gets gas mileage that isn't in the freaking teens and isn't a total piece of shit? Get a honda and call it a day. Can't lose.

Kiohtee

Established Member
2004_Dodge_Neon_SRT4_exfrpass34.jpg

They're out there for $5K, just gotta get to the owners who don't think they're sitting on gold.

ford fanatic

Four Eyed Freak
Established Member
Crown Vic? Continental? Seriously?? What about something that actually gets gas mileage that isn't in the freaking teens and isn't a total piece of shit? Get a honda and call it a day. Can't lose.

Where did the OP say he wanted good gas mileage? He wants something to beat on, not everyone wants to drive a ragged out Honda for thier DD.

Gravik

Established Member
Crown Vic. Cheap, cheap parts, proven reliability, 4 doors, lots of room, etc etc.

This doesn't have four doors, but they're great for a DD. I beat on my Ranger more than I do my Mustang LOL.

2009_ford_ranger.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread