Looking for a new car.

SVTContique

I love my cobra but I'm falling out of love with it. So I'm looking at new cars.

Just bought a house so i need something reliable that i can drive in the winter.

Criteria: under or around 15k.
Must have AWD
must be 2003 or newer
Would prefer a car that comes factory turbo.

Right now i can only really think of a few. 04 g35x and 04 Audi S4 but they are problem cars and i want to avoid anything that will be a ton of work.

STI is out of the question as i think they are total tool cars.

Thanks!

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
I believe the 03-04 g35s had the radio/hvac issue. I had an 03 and the radio wouldn't work but it would default the heat to 90 and full blast. PITA. Just something to be aware of in your search. Pretty common issue as well.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Your price range and attitude towards a "tool" car limits your search.

Go up to $20k and you can get a nice evo. Prolly still consider it a tool car though.

Youre smack dab in WRX territory. Pretty much all there is thats turbo awd for that price range.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If an SUV is acceptable, you have more options. Is fuel economy a factor? If not, I highly recommend a 2004 Infiniti QX4. I owned a 2002 and loved it. Truly a great vehicle. Nice luxury touches and the quality is high. I really miss mine. Sold it 2 years ago.

Last

Established Member
Subaru Legacy GT

IMG_3684-4-1.jpg

HoustonGT

Established Member
The car that fits every criteria on your list and is my personal favorite would be an 06-07 Mazdaspeed 6.
I got rid of my Cobra for one and haven't looked back since. Read the reviews online and decide for yourself, but i don't there is a cooler AWD turbo out there for the money, as it is more "grown up" looking than an Evo or Sti and as nice inside and out as an Audi S4 without all of the reliability issues.

Doesn't hurt that they are very capable of 300awhp with simple bolt-ons.

SVTContique

The Legacy was actually my first choice for a car. If i could find one in white i would jump all over it.

The Mazdaspeed was another choice, but my dad owns one and while i like it, im not in love with it.

Users who are viewing this thread