Looking for a good shop to do a gear change on a t-56

SLPRCTM

Established Member
I'm looking for a good shop in nor-cal (bay area) to change the 5th and 6th gears on my T-56. Looking for someone that is experienced with modifying these trannies for performance/higher hp. Looking to lower my highway rpms a bit.
Thanks in adavance..... :beer:

racebronco2

Established Member
I'm looking for a good shop in nor-cal (bay area) to change the 5th and 6th gears on my T-56. Looking for someone that is experienced with modifying these trannies for performance/higher hp. Looking to lower my highway rpms a bit.
Thanks in adavance..... :beer:

If you have stock gears they will lower the cruising rpms too much. Our cars don't have the low end tq (like the vettes or f-bodies)without going into boost. I have 4.10's and at 75mph i am at 2000rpms. I can keep up to c6zo6's until i hit 5th and then they start pulling by car lengths and i have about 470hp and weigh less then 3700lbs with me in the car.

SLPRCTM

Established Member
Thanks for the advise. I considered this already but I appreciate the heads up. This is a vert so I'm not too worried about racing on or off the track and I would not do a wot in 5th or 6th anyways. I'm trying to lower the cruising rpm away from 2050rpm because of drone. I have taken the car out many times to figure out exactly how much drone I get at what rpms during different amounts of load. If I need to go fast or pass, I will just down shift once or twice. My drone happens between 2000-2100 rpm. Under 1950 rpm it does not exist no matter the load. I'm not really after fuel economy so if I get a little better or little worse gas milelage, so be it. For whatever reason, my ears/head is sensitive to whatever frequecy this car puts out. It gives me a headache after extended drives. I have tried sound deadening materials, different mufflers and mid pipes. I've been around hotrods all my life and nothing has ever bothered me except this car. Go figure, it's my favorite vehicle. The only thing I can think to do is change the cruising rpm out of the drone range.

Users who are viewing this thread