Looking for a daily driver... Crown Vic or Cobra?

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I used a 1996 Cobra as my daily for 6 years and it had 148,000 miles on it after I sold it. Never really had any major issues besides a throw out bearing needing replaced. And I beat the tar out of that car

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Maurader, all day err day if you can afford it. 4v goodness just wins.

If you cant find one, try and find a set of 4v heads and swap em on to a CV.

Or find a decently maintained CVPI and enjoy the crap out of it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Crown Vic Sport if you can find one. They are very hard to find in good shape.

Also, turbo it. They can make decent power and are very easy to work on. The 2 valve when done right can make a great amount of power. The chassis can handle it quite well also.

Check out "the law crown vic" on youtube. Thing is hilarious.

Gravik

Established Member
CVPI is another good choice. Also enjoy the endless amounts of trolling that comes with a CVPI.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
You have absolutely zero reason to buy a crown vic since marauders are so damn cheap now. In fact, seeing that you're in Maryland, I'll have a 03 marauder on the market in southern maryland pretty soon. Probably a month, maybe two max if you're not in an urgent rush for a DD. Has LT headers with a full stainless works exhaust, Xcal3 tune, JLT intake and a moonroof!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
You have absolutely zero reason to buy a crown vic since marauders are so damn cheap now. In fact, seeing that you're in Maryland, I'll have a 03 marauder on the market in southern maryland pretty soon. Probably a month, maybe two max if you're not in an urgent rush for a DD. Has LT headers with a full stainless works exhaust, Xcal3 tune, JLT intake and a moonroof!

You're selling yours for $5k? That was OP's budget, I rarely see them under $10k.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Agreed it would be better. Ever finish the 6 speed swap? If so, I might be interested, lol.
My car isn't for sale haha, I'm picking up a black 03 this weekend to flip. I have the car driving but I need to finish some small stuff before I can have kevin at wicked tune it. It's real fun to drive though that's for sure!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
My car isn't for sale haha, I'm picking up a black 03 this weekend to flip. I have the car driving but I need to finish some small stuff before I can have kevin at wicked tune it. It's real fun to drive though that's for sure!

You tease! I hate red, but I could make a concession and deal with it if it had a manual, lol. Knew a guy who did a couple 6 speed swaps in the Mark VIII. Was going to have him do it to my 97 LSC, but he ran into hard times or something and became sketchy as hell. I'd still have my Mark if I got it converted. If I buy another it will be the first thing on the "to do list".

prez1967

Established Member

Lets chat, PM me with a phone number and we can talk better over phone.

I figured Marauder would be out of price range unless Id settle for something ragged out.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
You tease! I hate red, but I could make a concession and deal with it if it had a manual, lol. Knew a guy who did a couple 6 speed swaps in the Mark VIII. Was going to have him do it to my 97 LSC, but he ran into hard times or something and became sketchy as hell. I'd still have my Mark if I got it converted. If I buy another it will be the first thing on the "to do list".

5spd swaps have been really popular on crown vics but I can count the number of 6spd panthers on 1 hand. Probably due to the extra work and mostly the extra cost. Well worth it though, I really wanted that double over drive and I didn't want a junkyard T-45 in my car that'd explode the first time I dropped the clutch.

Lets chat, PM me with a phone number and we can talk better over phone.

I figured Marauder would be out of price range unless Id settle for something ragged out.

PM sent!

KingJacobo

GM Fanboy Gone Darkside
Established Member
My family has a P71 that is a blast for DD duty. Enough power for around town, funny to drive because it's a cop car too.

My personal DD is my Trans Am, which is arguably the GM equivalent of your Cobra. DD'ing a car like thais is super fun, but can be a bit inconvenience at times. I don't mind it. If I had a family, I would have at least one vehicle that can haul everyone, which you already have. My argument is the hot rod has back seats so I can still have people pile in, if need be.

Users who are viewing this thread