Looking at getting a (new to me ) car .. need some imput

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well talked to the guy with the Camaro today and looks like im going to go check it out next Saturday. Im bringing a trailer with me and if I like it, im bringing it home. I'll post some pix when I get it home.

Here are a few that he text me earlier

68interior1.jpg

68interior.jpg

68engine.jpg

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I love the looks and performance of the viper... But I hated driving it. I drove an 05 SRT10 and it wasn't comfortable.

My father had a 67 firebird prior to his current C6 Z. Very fun car to drive, but very different. It got shit gas milage, rode like a dump truck, and was hard to drive and shift. Nothing was wrong, it's just that's the way they are. I still loved driving it just because of how different it felt.

Last edited:

M3xpress

Established Member
That's a good looking Camaro. I think some type of clean old school muscle like that or a nice C6 Z would be nice.

AdamSVT

Established Member
That is one badass camaro...I think those wheels are too busy for that car. (those TF retro's would look amazing)!!!

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Good choice. A buddy of mine has a 69 Mach 1, and that thing is nice. He's always tinkering with it to keep it running right, but it's nice. He ran open headers on it one day and I thought I was going to go deaf, but it sounded good. Nothing like old school muscle.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Well, after thinking it over a lot (my head actually hurts) I think we have decided to go old school. I just hate the thought that if I buy a new/newer car within a couple years it's going to depreciate $5-7K or more. Over the last few years I've lost so much money in car's it's not even funny. I could have easily paid cash for a new house for what I have spend on modding cars. Below is the car im going to try and get.

68.jpg

68c.jpg

It's a frame off restoration with the original 327/350 which is cool since im not looking for anything fast. It has the HRE wheels on it (which im undecided about) but they are growing on me. No AC, but I plan on adding it asap.

It's not thart the wheels are bad, it's that the offset is TERRIBLE. Get those wheels flush with the fenders and it'll look badass.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Actually I don't mind the front tucking under a bit as the car is lowered, but I would prefer that the rear be wider than a 10 inch wheel, especially since it's mini tubbed to fit a 12.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well I drove all the way to LA 4.5 hours one way and as I get about 30 mins away he calls me and says he had an accident with it. I was like wtf!! He said he was jacking it up and it fell off and damaged the radiator support etc. I was so pissed, but was so close I figured I would check it out. Well we looked it over and decided to pass. Well today we find another one, a lot closer and go check it out. It's a 67 with built motor (350) turbo 400 tans etc, in beautiful condition. So we took the plunge, we are now "classic" car owners. Here's a pic of it. Im going to lower it and put some wheels on it soon.

67.jpg

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i think its a downgrade, but that's just my opinion. i'll own an older muscle car someday, don't get me wrong. but the first time you take that thing cruising and get waxxed by a honda accord, you're going to wish you went with a c6z. the car does look great though. congrats

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nah, I didn't buy it to be racing. Lol, if I wanted to do that a simple big block motor swap would take care of most around here :) I will be lowering it new week, adding some wheels and a rear wing.

Users who are viewing this thread