Looking at getting a (new to me ) car .. need some imput

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well the time has finally come, our 02 Z06 is being sold tomorrow. We've had it since 05 so long enough I guess. I know i'll miss the car as it turns heads everywhere we go but it's time for something different. We have a couple choices we have talked about C6 Z06, Viper or an Old School Camaro 67-69. Only reason we would strongly consider an older Camaro is the fact that it's not going to depreciate like a newer car. However having always had newer vehicles I think it would be hard to not have all the luxuries of a newer car. Anyway not going to make this too long. I've never driven a Viper and I've heard some people that have said they didn't like them. I'd also like to hear from guy's with older hot rods :shrug:

Here's a couple shots of our Z from tonight :(

z-1.jpg

zmotor.jpg

04RiceEater

Established Member
It all depends on what you want. If you are going to go with a newer car I would say get a viper. A C6Z to most people is just another corvette but a viper is a viper. If you want to mod it I would go with the Z. You cant go wrong with either choice. Good luck!

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
A friend of mine just got a C6Z, such a nice looking car. A drop and some wheels and you are set.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
As long as you keep that sweet FRC I don't care what you do! I remember your thread when you bought it, been drooling over it since.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
My brother test drove a few vipers. His opinion is that they are too brutal and not very civilized. This is from a guy who owned an AAR 'Cuda. He has since bought a highly modified Type 993 Porsche and a Gallardo.

Quik Z06

Established Member
Well, after thinking it over a lot (my head actually hurts) I think we have decided to go old school. I just hate the thought that if I buy a new/newer car within a couple years it's going to depreciate $5-7K or more. Over the last few years I've lost so much money in car's it's not even funny. I could have easily paid cash for a new house for what I have spend on modding cars. Below is the car im going to try and get.

68.jpg

68c.jpg

It's a frame off restoration with the original 327/350 which is cool since im not looking for anything fast. It has the HRE wheels on it (which im undecided about) but they are growing on me. No AC, but I plan on adding it asap.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
Good looking car, but something is off with those wheels on it. :shrug:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well, after thinking it over a lot (my head actually hurts) I think we have decided to go old school. I just hate the thought that if I buy a new/newer car within a couple years it's going to depreciate $5-7K or more. Over the last few years I've lost so much money in car's it's not even funny. I could have easily paid cash for a new house for what I have spend on modding cars. Below is the car im going to try and get.

68.jpg

68c.jpg

It's a frame off restoration with the original 327/350 which is cool since im not looking for anything fast. It has the HRE wheels on it (which im undecided about) but they are growing on me. No AC, but I plan on adding it asap.

Nice choice man!

Good looking car, but something is off with those wheels on it. :shrug:

Look like HREs. :coolman:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice choice man!

Look like HREs. :coolman:

Thanks, yeah they are HRE's. I haven't decided if I do get it if I will keep them or sell them and put some custom True Forged on it (if Steve hooks me up) Steve you reading this? :D

We'll see I made him a serious cash offer on it so if he agrees, I'll go take a look at it possibly this coming weekend as it's 4.5hrs south of me.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Thanks, yeah they are HRE's. I haven't decided if I do get it if I will keep them or sell them and put some custom True Forged on it (if Steve hooks me up) Steve you reading this? :D

We'll see I made him a serious cash offer on it so if he agrees, I'll go take a look at it possibly this coming weekend as it's 4.5hrs south of me.

Nice man, some TFs would look great, or even getting those wheels refinished, (machined?)

Good luck, looks like a great car from what I can see.

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Nice man, some TFs would look great, or even getting those wheels refinished, (machined?)

Good luck, looks like a great car from what I can see.

Yea, I think some of the TF Retro wheels would look really good on it with a brushed center.

Users who are viewing this thread