Looking at a new GT500 - please advise as to how much I should offer

gmynko

I like injecting people
Established Member
I'm looking to buy a new GT500 - Elec Pkg, Perf Pkg and Recaros are the options. MSRP is 57,535. What is the best price you think I can get on this car? Thanks for the advice.

SNAKBYT

Established Member
Tell them this.

Throw the $10K Shelby add on stick in the round file.:nono: Take the MSRP sticker, subtract $3500 and start there. I did this on my new 2011 and settled with them at $2750 off MSRP sitting in the lot and ready to drive away. Be prepared to walk away a couple of times to get what you want.
Also...you may find what you are looking for from one of the online dealers..maybe able to find one close to you. Good Luck!:)

IA Shelby

Established Member
I'm looking to buy a new GT500 - Elec Pkg, Perf Pkg and Recaros are the options. MSRP is 57,535. What is the best price you think I can get on this car? Thanks for the advice.

I got $2500 off a year ago and the market has gotten much softer since then. I would expect you could get it for 53K. Depends on a number of factors. Ideally wait until the last day of the month or better yet the quarter. Very motivated to move merchandise to meet sales goals.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Is the GT 500 at Fritts Ford?? If yes work with the Internet Mgr. Jason. I bought mine there last Nov. and it was well worth the drive from OC. RET, FTW!! Are you going to the RET Dyno Day next Sat??

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member

Ask to see the invoice and then tell them you will give 500 above that and don't be a dick about it. There's a 1500 holdback on these cars even when sold at invoice. I bought mine a little below invoice, can you imagine how much they make on these cars when sold at sticker? :dw:

flS/R

Established Member
Is the GT 500 at Fritts Ford?? If yes work with the Internet Mgr. Jason. I bought mine there last Nov. and it was well worth the drive from OC. RET, FTW!! Are you going to the RET Dyno Day next Sat??

^^this if you can.

I bought my last car this way and it was no hassle from this dealer. They forgot to install the floormats, but they had washed it and filled it with gas as I requested before getting off the phone. I just put in a service order for the floormats (at their cost) and to get a scratch fixed the following week.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
500 over invoice is a great starting point. However I have found that sometimes the dealer will agree to this only get your money in another fashion(600 dealer doc fee for instance?).

I like to negotiate with a final out the door price. This largely depends on how much your state tax is. In Ca the otd price can be 9% +(included in this is, dealer doc, license, registration, and tax) added to your agreed upon price.

I would start 57k or 58k otd. With this starting point your purchasing the car for 53/54k there about. I would not go over 60k otd.

cjgt500

Established Member
I bought mine recently at a MSRP of $57910 and was out the door at $53k even + $199 doc fee, etc. '12 SVTPP, elect, and recaros.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I bought mine recently at a MSRP of $57910 and was out the door at $53k even + $199 doc fee, etc. '12 SVTPP, elect, and recaros.

You paid 49k on a 57k msrp 12 gt500, or 8k off of msrp? 49k + doc fee tax license registration would put you at 53k otd. This does not sound right...if it is you got one hell of a deal!

zimm17

Shelbyless
Established Member
I would start at least $3k under MSRP. I paid $2k under but this was in May, now that the 2013 info is out- use that as a bargaining chip.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
In May of 2010, when I ordered my 2011, there was about 5K in it for the dealer @ MSRP, ( base coupe, no options ) & they make something on each option also. I ordered mine @ 2K below MSRP. Had contacted 20 dealers within 50 miles of my house, 16 would order @ MSRP, 2 @ 500 below MSRP, & the one I finally ordered from. Good luck & be patient.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread