Looking at a 2010 roush stage 3 or 10 GT500

Dc5boosted

Established Member
Trying to decide if i should get the GT500 or the Roush Stage 3 p51. It's a hard choice. What do you all think biggest bang for buck? Both are around the same price. The GT500 is 34k with 45k on it. The roush is 33k with 35k on it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
GT500 all day, the 4V 5.4 is a monster and with a TR6060 trans you cant go wrong
and the GT500s just look sexy

engine281

Footloose
Established Member
GT500 or P51

I dont know what you are looking for; Power or Handling.

I personally owned a 2008 427R (435 hp), and now have a 2011 GT500 (550 hp, SVT performance package). The P-51 (510 hp) is above the 427R motor wise, but the suspension is the same. There is SO MUCH MORE performance in the Roush suspension then there is in the GT500. I could hit the corners much more agressively and exit them the same, without losing control. Power in the GT500 is fast inline, but take a turn at the same speed as the Roush and good luck. Coming out of the hole is also a chore, I have to fether the gas or bye bye rims.

Looks, I say the roush is the winner there too. As I would drive around town people turn heads in awe! Ive parked it in front of very nice hotels and they parked it in the front of the doors next to the exotic cars. People would stare at the roush over the exotics. I drive the GT500 and.........:shrug:

The reason for me owning the GT500 is PURE POWER! :rockon: INSANE POWER! Plus Roush has the worst customer care possible. I will never give them another $.
Either car will make you extremely happy!

Last edited:

Dc5boosted

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I'm going to take a trip on the 10th and leave with one of them. The main reason I like the stage 3 is the looks, forged block and how rare they are. But the GT500 is the power potential.

Crushinator

Established Member
Roush Mustangs don't do anything for me. IMO, they're not even close to a GT500. Get the Shelby and don't look back. I'd look for a Boss 302 before I'd buy a Roush.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
Between the 2010's......GT500!!!!

Only Roush that I would consider is the 2013's with an auto and TVS...And those I think are a bit overpriced!!

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thanks for the help. I'm going to take a trip on the 10th and leave with one of them. The main reason I like the stage 3 is the looks, forged block and how rare they are. But the GT500 is the power potential.

They're rare for a reason. Nobody buys them. If there was a market for them they'd have built a ton more.

Heres a final, non-physical factor: passion.

Talk to ADULT owners of both. (as in over 35, otherwise you'll get "ricer bias" toward the body on the Roush)

Ask them to describe what caused them to purchase their car.

See how they respond. Youll do the same thing. You'll find a significant difference.

Bj

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
GT500. More power, more grownup/refined looks, and as you can see from the mileage and price on both, better value retention. Keep in mind the Roush Stage 3 cost more than the GT500 when they were both new, if I recall.

Just put a Roush suspension on the GT500 and have the best of both.

Kenneth

Established Member
Biggest downfall to me with Roush cars is they don't hold value very well.
When you run the vin number, it comes back as a base GT. if you ever go to trade it in, most dealers will use that against you, but buy one from the same dealer, they will swear the car is dipped in gold.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Hmm depends on what you want to do. The Roush has exotic looks, but no more than a Saleen or Steeda or Sharrod Mustang. The Roush suspension is very nice though, but in truth you can update a GT500 to be the same.

As Kenneth said, a Roush is still a GT with a package on it. A Shelby is a Shelby. The Shelby will also hold a lot more power than that Rouch can hold as well. In the end I guess it comes down to what you like and what you want to do.

I always wanted a Shelby. Now I have one. Did I mean to mod it and have it the way I have it now ? Well at first, no....but as with any Mustang I have owned that is what happened. The Shelby was my first platform though where I said dam.....ok enough is enough ! Not if I add this it will go boom...Its all good for me.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Biggest downfall to me with Roush cars is they don't hold value very well.
When you run the vin number, it comes back as a base GT. if you ever go to trade it in, most dealers will use that against you, but buy one from the same dealer, they will swear the car is dipped in gold.

Exactly this.

Not to mention- you can do the roush suspension to the GT500 and have the best of both worlds.

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
Talk to ADULT owners of both. (as in over 35, otherwise you'll get "ricer bias" toward the body on the Roush)

Hey I resent that remark! Though you're prob right for the most part lol. Then again, there probably aren't that many GT500 owners who are under 35. I also vote for the GT500, MOAR POWAH!!!!:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread