Looking at a 03' Cobra What is this????

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
I am looking at buying this 03' Cobra but would like some help identifying what that black box is above the steering wheel and what it does and is for, and also I wanted to see if you guys knew what size pulley this is on the motor and weather or not it is a stock pulley and if not what size pulley is it and the boost related to that pulley. Thanks Guys :beer:
33001530.jpg

33001524.jpg

The pulley looks like this one:
http://www.lethalperformance.com/pu...n-slip-pulley-system-hub-and-3-pulleys-p-7852

Last edited:

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Yeah, I am not sure i thought it could be something specfic to a Mustang like wideband? some chip? or something

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
100% it's a wideband. The pulley is not stock, Billetflow 2.93 or a 3.1. Definitely not a 2.8 pulley as Billetflow only makes a 2.76.
My guess the car might have an aftermarket lower on it...any more details on the car?

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Last edited:

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
lets see the details of the car man so we can HELP...I doubt someone will snag it underneath you...

Spoolx

Established Member
Thats a big upper so it prolly has a lower.. is it at a dealer? if so I would be cautious

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
Its at a Dealer, I paid for the carfax on the vehicle and it is a one owner car and the guy traded it in on a new camaro after talking with the salesman.
33001522.jpg

33001521.jpg

33000156.jpg

33000154.jpg

33000151.jpg

33000150.jpg

33001525.jpg

33001527.jpg

33001528.jpg

33001526.jpg

33001529.jpg

33001531.jpg

33001532.jpg

I can get the car for 19,500 what do you guys think???

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's got a black hood? You're okay with that? Otherwise tell the salesman you're not crazy about it and maybe they'll lower the price more. What was the asking price?

The upper pulley does definitely look like it's a Billetflow, and it will have the size stamped. The upper portion would say Billetflow and the short type on the bottom is the size. I don't know why people are saying the pulley is large. There is just the one photo and there's no way you can come close to guessing the size without a close-up of the blower. It could be a 2.93. No way to know anything about the lower crank pulley without checking.

Read this info in my Terminator FAQs about buying a used Terminator. It will help you a lot.
Tips When Buying A Used '03-'04 Cobra

Turbo96'Cobra

Mongoose Hunter
Established Member
It's got a black hood? You're okay with that? Otherwise tell the salesman you're not crazy about it and maybe they'll lower the price more. What was the asking price?

The upper pulley does definitely look like it's a Billetflow, and it will have the size stamped. The upper portion would say Billetflow and the short type on the bottom is the size. I don't know why people are saying the pulley is large. There is just the one photo and there's no way you can come close to guessing the size without a close-up of the blower. It could be a 2.93. No way to know anything about the lower crank pulley without checking.

Read this info in my Terminator FAQs about buying a used Terminator. It will help you a lot.
Tips When Buying A Used '03-'04 Cobra

Bob- Thanks for the Wisdom :bowdown:

Spoolx

Established Member

Because if you look at the size compared to the blower you can gauge the size of the pulley.
Here is a 2.76
good8.jpg

Last edited:

Live Wire

Established Member
I agree $19,500 is a little high... is this the negotiated price or is this the asking? Dealers will always move a little on their asking price. Check the third brake light; the fifth picture down looks like it may be cracked on the left side, but hard to tell from the picture. Very common and a replacement will run you ~$200 - make the dealer replace if its cracked.

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I personally think you could get a lower mileage car with a little more done to it whether you want that or not for $19.5.

Users who are viewing this thread