Looking 4 a first car

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
get a sn95 cobra (94-98)

my 1st car was a 85 5.0 hatchback stock (after a few months I dumped like 5K-6K and got the real performance experience off that!)

2. 96 Cobra

3. 03 Cobra

Last edited:

SVT King

Established Member
I'm seventeen also, my first vehicle was a 1998 Ram SS/T. Bought it for 6500 from my neighbor. I loved that truck, never gave one damn problem and it had almost 100k on the clock.

sst3qo1.png

Had that for probably 3months, then sold it back to my neighbor. Needed a QuadCab at the least. Not too long after that I bought my 2005 Dakota with 4.7 V8 for $15,000 and paid CASH. Added a Flowmaster Super40 non-cat and K&N. Yeah... two jobs will get a 17/yrold that lol. Right now I'm working trying to get a decent amount of cash together for a nice used Termi. If I can fight it, I will never take a loan out in my life except for a house.

AndersonDakota.png

It can be done my friend... it can be done.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
My first car around your age was a 1990 5.0 GT... was pretty nice but I like Lightnings too much

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
i got a GT as my first car, if you can find a 99-00 GT you'll find em pretty cheap, got mine for $8600 with 45k miles on it.

SVT King

Established Member
because a typical girl knows the difference :rollseyes

Most girls I know can tell the difference. I was on lunch and I was with my friend in his 2500HD, as well as this one girl. There is a guy around here with a TR Vert with a KB and loud ass exhaust.. I think its a SLP LM1... sounds like crap but is LOUD. She saw it and basically started to 'hyperventilate' in the cab LOL. "OMG.. a cobra... a cobra!" And she is a good lookin female.

I thought to myself 'Damn... I need to get a termi asap' LOL

Ace5Oh

Established Member
I started with a 87 5.0 ( I still have it ) I got a truck. Almost done paying it. Im getting my Termy next!

bullitt1672

Established Member
Most girls I know can tell the difference. I was on lunch and I was with my friend in his 2500HD, as well as this one girl. There is a guy around here with a TR Vert with a KB and loud ass exhaust.. I think its a SLP LM1... sounds like crap but is LOUD. She saw it and basically started to 'hyperventilate' in the cab LOL. "OMG.. a cobra... a cobra!" And she is a good lookin female.

I thought to myself 'Damn... I need to get a termi asap' LOL

almost every girl i know wouldnt know the difference between a cobra and v6 lol.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
There are two types of girls...1) the type that only knows it's a "mustang" and doesn't give a rats ass if it's a V6 or a V8 and 2) the type that knows a GT can barely hang with a modern day Maxima. Which one is more abundant? #1 :rockon:

Good luck with your choice, for a first car a GT will be nice.

tdschst

Established Member
go with the gt. more than enough power. got my 87 at 15. motor redone by late 17. (havent updated my sig. but put done 330whp) start off small and work up to the power. that was my mistake, went for the power right away. smashed it twice. and plus cops are attracted to quick and loud cars and at your age you don't need that. i'm 21 and just getting my liscense back. take it to the track and not the street. definately learned my lesson and can only advice to younger guys. don't go my way. ull only regret it. the plus side is you can save money for your car BUT YOU CAN'T DRIVE IT!!! get a banshee

THCSVT

Banned
Might not be your style but here is my 02 GT. Sorry for the poor pic quality. Obviously a cobra would be more fun, and if you can afford it i would recommend going with one over a gt. If not you'll just be looking to upgrade down the road.

l_3748ac4132604381b723dd8e49cb8ab7.jpg

l_25865463f27f477925b3e79d842f2f1d.jpg

Last edited:

WillyBob98

First On Race Day
Established Member
My cousin is selling a green 90gt that is clean as hell. Bottom end of the motor has 120k on it and top end only 40k. It is the cleanest fox I have ever seen. He is asking 6500.

Users who are viewing this thread