Looking 4 a first car

GtBoi1090

Im 17 years old and in the process looking for the right mustang... Im stumbled between a 2001 black gt... and a 2001 electric red gt... I see so many nice hooked up black gts but no red ones.... so if you could post pics of nice red gts!

onemean460

Established Member
this is also svt performance. although there are plenty of red gt's on here you may have better luck over at corral or stangnet etc. good luck man!

ps

you dont need a damn gt mustang for a first car either. lol baby steps my friend baby steps.

99 GT

Established Member
A GT is fine for your first car...its more raw power than you can handle and master for your first car anyways. Once you get it down, you can always supercharge it:thumbsup:

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
i was going on 18 when i got my first car, which was a '03 GT. i think that is perfect for a first car. i kept telling myself i was stupid for getting that over a cobra, but who can afford a terminator at the age of 17 unless they are in the "special" group of kids.

i had a lot of fun in that car.

Stang Lover

Established Member
im 17, dont buy a GT. get a cobra...

+1

For the price of an 01 GT you can buy a SN95 Cobra with more power and better performance and still have a bit of " cheese " left over. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GtBoi1090

I was also looking at a black 97 cobra... And its defiantly going to be manual... but i still think the gt would be a better choice for a first car

InfraRed

Skyline
Established Member
+1

For the price of an 01 GT you can buy a SN95 Cobra with more power and better performance and still have a bit of " cheese " left over. :thumbsup:

No, get the GT and mod from there as you get used to the power. I had my GT at 15 and I now appreciate starting with lower power and then modding the GT as I felt comfortable with. If this is your car, especially your first rwd car with some power, don't go for pure power at first.

i'm 19 now..thats just my .02

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
A GT is more insurance friendly for your age....but if you can manage to do it...opt for the cobra....both are around the same with a few bolt ons....

The_Wretched

Established Member
get a cobra. gt suck in my opinion.

snake is the only way to with mustang IMO.

you can probably get a 95 Cobra for like $10k. 5.0 and 32V... you can't go wrong.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Get whatever you want, its your money and your decision.

He didnt come here asking if he should get a cobra or a gt.

It seems like hes already made up his mind about a gt, so go with it! I think its more than enough power for a 17 year old. Good luck!

96lasersnake

storm trooper'd cobra
Established Member
get a cobra. gt suck in my opinion.

snake is the only way to with mustang IMO.

you can probably get a 95 Cobra for like $10k. 5.0 and 32V... you can't go wrong.

I say get what you can afford. I have owned tons of different mustangs from several 93 cobras to 99 up stuff to include 02gt, 02 saleen, 03 mach and a 03 and now 04 cobra. When I was 18 I got my first late model, a stock 99 cobra. I really enjoyed it. The GT's are great cars, cheap, and easy to make look really nice and perform decent. I had suspension stuff done to my 02, then minor bolt ons TB, catback, 3.55 gears. It ran a 13.55 and was still decent on gas, so the GT's can be fun.

To wretched, the 95 cobra did not have the 4V motor and was a slow piece of shit, I would take a 99-up gt anyday over a 94-95 cobra. I had a 96 cobra and enjoyed it. You get the 4valve and a solid rear, but they are aging cars. So again if you can afford the 03-04 cobra it is the best, if not look into a mach 1 or nice gt, Good luck to ya

kingcobra10

SVT God... Snarf
Established Member
GOD. Im seventeen and i drive a piece of shit i work my ass of and still can't afford anything besides my piece of junk and it gets 40mpg (best way to save money)

oh and the only thing is get a manual i hate driving automatics after getting used to the stick in my car lol.
even if it is slower than chit

Users who are viewing this thread