Look familiar?

KingKobra

Established Member
68fordtshirt2.jpg

TheHollywoodExtra-1.jpg

Common styling... Notice... the fuel door is on the drivers side. Ours are on the passenger side. I guess that's due to the new design/chassis.

Looks pretty sharp!

KingKobra

Established Member
Yea, it's changed... and the rear view still has the distinct similarity to our models. That's good, cuz, frankly, it sorta looked like the new Nissan design from behind!!! :xpl:

hr2-cleaned.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeh, I expected Ford to produce a car radically different from the concept car. Bummer! The overall styling is too much like the present car in my opinion, especially from the side. The concept was a radical change, and that was a good thing. Those fog lamps (??) are too big in my opinion, and I don't like the instrument cluster with its retro gauges at all. Would I buy one? Probably, if it was a Cobra or a Shelby model. I'm waiting to see more pics of the exterior and interior though.

Did you notice there are no side scoops on the production version? I kind of like it. Gives the side a cleaner look.

CHeRNoBYL

Established Member
I can live without the concept tail lights ... fine .... but the rest of the car looks like ass now. Too watered down. I certainly hope the 06 Cobra isn't this bland.

KingKobra

Established Member
Interior looks interesting... From what I've read, you can cahnge the dashboard colors to up to "125 unique colors" by some variable control. Not sure what to say there... :shrug:

RedInterior.jpg

TheHollywoodExtra-3.jpg

ClusterPurple.jpg

ClusterGreen.jpg

ClusterWhite.jpg

BLUBYU2

Established Member
The fuel temp amp and oil gauges look like the same ones that are in my grandfathers '85 E150 Van. Now thats retro.:xpl:

SVT4J

This isn't the autobahn?
Established Member
:lol:

The only way Ford gives us what we want is in dreams...like the 150K GT :shrug:

Last edited:

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
I dont think it so bad, just think
bigger wheels
bigger brakes
lowered
functional hood
nicer seats
06 COBRA

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Well, those fog lights gotta go, and the whole thing needs to be dropped at least an inch. After all, this isn't a pickup truck. :rollseyes

I do like the short, stubby shifter though.

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
They have to get rid of those hideous lights in the grill. The wheel design is ugly. The dash gauges look way to old. The speakers om the look like some kind of JC Whitney bolt on junk. They should have recessed them into the door panel like the current car. But at least they moved the fuel fill onto the left side where it should have been all along.

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
it would be cool though if they suprised us with the eventual release of the Shelby Cobra and made it more like the concept... to differentiate it from the GT and V6 models

Users who are viewing this thread