Longest road trip in a lightning

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
From NY to South Florida with a motorcycle in the bed while pulling a mustang with all 4 wheels off the ground..80mph straight thru..Around 1300miles..

boca ron

Banned
brucewrs said:
From NY to South Florida with a motorcycle in the bed while pulling a mustang with all 4 wheels off the ground..80mph straight thru..Around 1300miles..
wow! Did the truck seem like it was in much of a strain? Nah, 80s that sweet spot it clears it throat at and pull a mobile home a 100 mph. Try that with an srt-10.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I did that before all the mods.I think I only had a 4lb pulley on at the time.After a while it did not even feel like I was pulling it..Your right on that sweet spot. I took another trip to the same place as Fade to get a tune,800miles away, and averaged 10.9 miles per gallon..Thats with the current mods..When I was pulling the trailer I averaged 9.3mpg.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
hyvltge said:
When I bought my 01 I flew to Texas, bought the truck and drove home. Texas goes on for ever, it just never ends!!!!

No, no it doesn't. Especially going in your direction.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
FordFanStan said:
:beer: :pepper: :rockon: :banana: :bowdown:

Just the reason why I love these trucks. I also like it when you see 9 or 10 sec fox body 5.0's drive to the track, make their pass, then drive away woot woot....

Yeah I love them for that reason too. I sure hope I make it home. :D

slvrsvtlghtng

Established Member
I took my truck from Tx to Ma it was 2100mi and then a few months later did it again. No problems

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
brucewrs said:
I did that before all the mods.I think I only had a 4lb pulley on at the time.After a while it did not even feel like I was pulling it..Your right on that sweet spot. I took another trip to the same place as Fade to get a tune,800miles away, and averaged 10.9 miles per gallon..Thats with the current mods..When I was pulling the trailer I averaged 9.3mpg.

14.5 mpg pulling my boat bed loaded with gear too. Boat and trailer weigh like 4600.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
boca ron said:
is that 800 miles one way? where are those guys located?

My bad,it was an 8+hr drive and 650 miles away.I new there was an 8 in there some where.. He is located in Mobile Alabama..

04 Sonic Blue L

Sittin on 23s
Established Member
Yea i have a 6lb lower did a key west to jacksonville and then back to miami all in 4 days not a problem raced another lightning :) whored him (and he told me he was coming for me) but for the most part after that i stayed off the gas!! untill some lady gave me the birdie !!

ICEMAN9648

Established Member
almost 1700 miles one way. Went from Rapid City, SD to Middletown, DE. Had to when I got out of the Air Force. Did it with a 6#er and never had a single problem the whole way.

Cocoloco

BEEP BEEP...ROAD RAGE!!!
Established Member
N.Miami to N.Ft.Myers.....Cruise control @ 70mph...Great gas mileage...Until a diesel
got on my A$$ Then up to 130mph...Until my girlfriend started with the biotching...
Then back down to 70....Bummer....When I got to Ft.Myers....I saw alot of L's
running around town.......KOOL.........

davidwnuc

Established Member
i am in the process of driveing from Charleston SC to Bangor WA. Stopping in Oklahoma and Arizona on the way. I am in AZ now (tucson). We have done over 2000 already and still have the longest drive ahead. InMemphis TN i had to have the rear-end rebuilt. I guess along the way the passenger side shaft seal allowed some rear-end grease to leak out and chewed up the bearings in the rear. The only place i could find to fix it was the dealership Dobbs Ford i think. They didn't it fast and it cost $1200. (ouch) All along the way the battery light has been flickering when i hit a bump. changed the Alt. and cleaned some contacts and checked grounds but it still flickers. Alt in putting out 13.6 volts by volt meter and the predator agrees during data log.
But other than that no problems. haha!!
I am still loveing every minute in the L.
I have pictures of the trip i will post when we get to WA....

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Damn, most of you guys have me beat. 700 miles round trip, CAI, 6lb lower, 91 octane, canned predator tune. Drove to my parents house in So-cal, and came back with a big block 440 (For our Roadrunner), engine hoist, and a bunch of other crap in the bed, doing 90-95 all the way.

The hardest ive ever been on my truck, is when i pulled L.Ls truck a little over 100 miles on a heavy ass trailer with the same mods above. When i got back down here with his truck(It was pretty cold that night), i popped the hood as soon as we stopped, and the plenum was only warm to the touch.

Mp3

Established Member
I drove from minnesota to washington when I had my lightning. It was around 1600 miles and he did fine. Didn't get a single speeding ticket either :rockon:

boomr

Established Member
davidwnuc said:
i am in the process of driveing from Charleston SC to Bangor WA. Stopping in Oklahoma and Arizona on the way. I am in AZ now (tucson). We have done over 2000 already and still have the longest drive ahead. InMemphis TN i had to have the rear-end rebuilt. I guess along the way the passenger side shaft seal allowed some rear-end grease to leak out and chewed up the bearings in the rear. The only place i could find to fix it was the dealership Dobbs Ford i think. They didn't it fast and it cost $1200. (ouch) All along the way the battery light has been flickering when i hit a bump. changed the Alt. and cleaned some contacts and checked grounds but it still flickers. Alt in putting out 13.6 volts by volt meter and the predator agrees during data log.
But other than that no problems. haha!!
I am still loveing every minute in the L.
I have pictures of the trip i will post when we get to WA....

David, you got the longest trip I seen so far, and still about another 1600 miles to go. How long has it taken you so far, time wise?

Mike

davidwnuc

Established Member
it is hard to say how long its taking us. we are in two cars and my wife and 11 week old son is in the other so we stop ALOT. but we are in no hurry. i am transferring for the navy so i have until 31may.

supra6spd

Established Member
:coolman: The longest trip I've taken in the L is 20 miles (10 miles each way) to the dealership to my home, but then again I've only owned it for 5 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread