Long tubes come in

h4cHi

Established Member
I am deciding between Stainless Works,American Racing, and Kooks.
Those who have these I want to know how your fitment was, installation, and gains also 1 3/4 as opposed to 1 7/8 I have a 2.9L Whipple being put on when I stop crying about this cold Ohio weather any and all advice is appreciated!

h4cHi

Established Member
Also any o2 issues along with I have K-springs and worried about bottoming the headers out on potential speed bumps slanted approaches etc.

Nuar

Established Member
I have ARH.
Fitment was great, im on sportlines and i dont have any issues. They tuck up really well.
Any long tube though, i would recommend relocating the o2 sensor bungs at a slightly downward angle. I generally dont have issues, but i did have to replace one sensor since i put the headers on.

h4cHi

Established Member
I have ARH.
Fitment was great, im on sportlines and i dont have any issues. They tuck up really well.
Any long tube though, i would recommend relocating the o2 sensor bungs at a slightly downward angle. I generally dont have issues, but i did have to replace one sensor since i put the headers on.

This is why I'm leaning towards Kooks, just out of curiosity what are you trapping with your listed mods?

Last edited:

Brent Davis

Established Member
I am deciding between Stainless Works,American Racing, and Kooks.
Those who have these I want to know how your fitment was, installation, and gains also 1 3/4 as opposed to 1 7/8 I have a 2.9L Whipple being put on when I stop crying about this cold Ohio weather any and all advice is appreciated!

Man, we are building similar systems except I opted for the 2.3 whipple because the 2.9 kit was not giving me a complete kit form. I ended up with JBA 1 7/8" LT headers and a 3" H pipe for mine. I only went JBA because I got the headers and H pipe for $641

scotmach

Established Member
I havent been to the track yet lol.
The closest one is over 2 hours away :/

But we'll have one here soon!:beer:

Any of the three listed will be fine although some have reported fitment issues with the Stainless Works.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes but which one is the route? Lol

again, any of the big 3 will treat you good.

you will read good reviews on all 3, and you will find a couple bad reviews on all 3, not everyone will be happy all the time. that's the nature of the beast.

Nuar

Established Member
I havent seen any negative reviews of ARH. Thats why i got them.

I had a member on here contact me about my headers to see if i had fitment problems. He had stainless works and had some serious issues. Mine fit like a glove.

redline5.0

Established Member
Are you going to run e85? Also my tuner didn't like the placement of the o2's on the arh headers and there not as easy to relocate as the sw's. Sw's seem to have some fitment issues but you can relocate the o2's better on them. I said f it and wen't with the kooks so I didn't have to worry about the o2's and I liked where the collectors were on my kook knock off headers.

No mater what you pick go with beefcake he has the best prices period unless you need them asap then american muscle has them in stock.

h4cHi

Established Member
Consider the trigger pulled, AED tune and Kooks 1 7/8th with offroad x pipe en route

zsommer79

Established Member
Consider the trigger pulled, AED tune and Kooks 1 7/8th with offroad x pipe en route

How much HP are you shooting for? Had Shaun go off on me for not going with 1 3/4" when I told him I wasn't planning on getting anywhere near 700WHP.

yeller1

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Just curious what are the dimensions of the ARH and SW. I mean overall length. I mean, once installed do they both end at the same spot. I know the collector are 3" for both. The overall length will help me make my decision. Oh yeah, 1 3/4" btw.

redline5.0

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. Just curious what are the dimensions of the ARH and SW. I mean overall length. I mean, once installed do they both end at the same spot. I know the collector are 3" for both. The overall length will help me make my decision. Oh yeah, 1 3/4" btw.

I was doing a lot of talking with beefcake recently on headers. Are you set the the arh/sw. His prices are great and the kooks really arn't that much more then the arh/sw. That's why I said screw it and went with the kooks.

yeller1

Established Member
I've eliminated the kooks. I just need some numbers on the header length. Still looking but can't find any specs.

h4cHi

Established Member
How much HP are you shooting for? Had Shaun go off on me for not going with 1 3/4" when I told him I wasn't planning on getting anywhere near 700WHP.

700 I got a 2.9L whipple in the garage with a bunch of other goodies

h4cHi

Established Member
I was doing a lot of talking with beefcake recently on headers. Are you set the the arh/sw. His prices are great and the kooks really arn't that much more then the arh/sw. That's why I said screw it and went with the kooks.

I got the Kooks from RDP motorsport for a killer deal that no one could beat with the xpipe

Users who are viewing this thread