Long Tube headers for the 5.0

Blown306

Established Member
Well, earlier Josh confirmed that SN95 BBK long tubes would not fit the MN12 5.0. I can now confirm that the SN95 MAC long tubes will not fit either...not even close. I tried the passenger side first and the #1 primary hits the K-member, and the top of the collector hits the firewall/floorpan. MAJOR mods to make them fit.

I have the MAC TFA693's (Fox Mustang 1.75" Primary, 3" collector) on order now, picking them up on Saturday. I'll post up on how well those go in or not. They have the bigger primaries than the other guys who installed them so keep your fingers crossed...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
how come your not going the shorty route? too small?

Blown306

Established Member
Yup, too restrictive...the only one's made that fit the MN12's are MAC and JBA, unequal length shorties with 1.5" primaries. I have the MAC shorties right now (soon to be for sale Werty <hint><hint>).

Plus, I'm going to 3" exhaust and the factory downtubes are way smaller than that, somewhere @ 2.125". :??:

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
Originally posted by Blown306
Yup, too restrictive...the only one's made that fit the MN12's are MAC and JBA, unequal length shorties with 1.5" primaries. I have the MAC shorties right now (soon to be for sale Werty <hint><hint>).

Plus, I'm going to 3" exhaust and the factory downtubes are way smaller than that, somewhere @ 2.125". :??:

so yer tellin me i have to wait til you get your longtubes before you can put your 3" on and then i can buy the old stuff?? shiesh ill be 40 by the time that happens.

Blown306

Established Member
Happy Birthday Vic...I hear you're gonna be 40 this weekend!

Once I fit those bad boys up there, I probably won't need the exhaust or shorties any longer and you all can fight over them...I was hanging on to the stuff in case I needed to compare notes. Everything is off the car and getting in the way to be honest...

Blown306

Established Member
News Flash! :cuss:

MAC TFS693's do not fit! Well, not without some work. They are close. I almost had the passenger side up...it was hitting the motor mount clamshell, the K member, and the starter. Those area's were close and probably could have been dimpled to clear.

Started to put up the drivers side, too much stuff in the way (jack stand, engine hoist leg, steering shaft, etc) and it was getting late so I called it quits. I don't have enough of a warm fuzzy about the fit of the passenger side to continue with the install and messing up $300 headers.

I'm reverting to the 1-5/8" primary Mac LT's that have been installed by some others. I'm also going to order those $89 LT's from Summit and I'll report on those as a cheap alternative. I have no problem cutting them up...

All in all tonite was a failure...tomorrow is another day. Looks like your 40th is pushed back a little more Vic....:shrug:

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
gee thanks,

Now for some GOOD NEWS!! My car is FINISHED!!! AND IT RUNS!!! well thats what my mechanic says, had it been a normal day today at work where i got off at 4-415 i could have gone and picked it up and had it for tomorrow but NOOOOOOO, i ended up leaving almost 2 hours later, an hour after our store closed!!! so i wont be able to get it until monday. oh well, its been 6 months whats another 2 days. see yall tomorrow

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
I want a ride....I miss my car. If you get bored this week after work come pick me up and take me for a ride:)

Blown306

Established Member
I like the look Todd, you've got that Mad Maxx thing goin on...

I must say that looked like fun, I hope you can get it back together...although the hardest part seemed to be finding all the fasteners...then getting em out. Stupid rivets...

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I never thought of this, but those SC seats (forgot what mine look like been 5+ yrs now :-( ) but they look just like my Gen I SHO seats only cloth!

392Bird

Banned
Hey Blown306 since you will be done before me, here is a new picture for you to use on your signature:
jeff2.gif

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
Yeah, it'll go back together...but I thought you'd be doing that work...:D

I'm just debating the change to the 95 headlights and glass hood. It's up in the air..right now I just need to get a motor together. Otherwise my car is gonna sit there forever. I may leave it as it until next year at this time, but the motor looks like it's coming together a little.

My intake ain't gonna fit right under the stock hood so I'm trying to decide if I want the R hood or the straight cowl.

Users who are viewing this thread