Long tube headers and Air injection!

fastbird86

Established Member
A Secondary air injection wrong flow code show up on 4.6l Cobras with long tube headers and what did you do to correct the problem?

Note: Checked both the electric and mechanical pumps are working properly!

mcaligiuri

Established Member
when i bought my car the pump wasnt there, it was deleted, maybe u can delete it and have a chip burnt. but there has to be an easier way

blkstangman88

Established Member
mine thro the same code, turned out the hose from the smog pump to my headers was kinked, unkinked it, reset the check engine lite and it hasnt come back yet

ANIMOSITY

US ARMY RECON
Established Member
Hope I dont have any issues. My KOOKS headers only have a fitting for the single air tube for the EGR valve.Ive had to delete the rest of it. Hope I dont any tunning or emmisions probs when Im done, Or I will have to make the car a track car only. Im not good with the tunning, anyone else have to deal with this, or have any ideas?

fastbird86

Established Member
blkstangman88 said:
mine thro the same code, turned out the hose from the smog pump to my headers was kinked, unkinked it, reset the check engine lite and it hasnt come back yet

Looked at the hoses and piping today, no kinks but found that the headers (which are Hooker Long Tubes) had the fitting for the hose welded on the the tube but the tube had no hole in it! Could that be the eason why the light is coming on? any opinions!

blackfang

Established Member
Mine are exactly like that(have the fitting that has no hole) and have no light. I think it has something to do with your air pump.

blkstangman88

Established Member
if theres no air going past the valve itll thro the code, this was my case and seems to be urs also. could also be somthing alse. so those pipes that are welded on ur headers with no holes have the threads for the smog pump fitting? weird

ogc

Established Member
I have hooker LT's also but I left mine unhooked... Could this be causeing any problems?

It doesnt throw any codes or anything... I'll get a retune to shut it off I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread