Long Time Fan, Rookie SVT Poster

Rattlebox

Iggles Fan
Established Member
Hi Everyone. I've been lurking the boards now for a couple months, and today I finally bit the bullet and went out and test drove an '03 Cobra. Very nice ride indeed. The many posts on here helped me a great deal today when it came time to wheel & deal with the salesman. What a joke, they tried to sell me a Cobra for $38K and change.:cuss: :cuss:

I think I'm going to go shop around. Their last stitch effort at making a sale was $35K, + TTT. :gt:

About the only thing I can thank them for, was the test drive, which made a lasting inpression. :thumbsup: I will own a Cobra, and I have this board to thank !! Thank you SVTperformance.com posters, you are a fun bunch to keep an eye on. Back to lurking I go :read: :read:

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Good luck in your search, these car's are definitly worth it. 38K for a convertible right? My dealer is still asking for 250 under MSRP. That's what I paid.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Good luck with the search :thumbsup: let us know how it goes

cobralightning

Established Member
Whoops -- definitely look around some. I paid x-pricing for mine -- 32,650 or so. A friend of mine who didn't have the x-price option paid in the low 33's for a gorgeous redfire the week before I got mine.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
I paid $800 over invoice. Ordered in April 03. From the look on salesman's face, I could have gone down further. I would say offer invoice and see what they say. To salvage the situation I added " if you give me a great price on a warranty".:)

Your location in the country seems to make a difference. Some dealers are still at or over MSRP while others are really dealing.

Last edited:

wtw5974

Head Chef
Established Member
Originally posted by flyn high again
I paid $800 over invoice. Ordered in April 03. From the look on salesman's face, I could have gone down further. I would say offer invoice and see what they say. To salvage the situation I added " if you give me a great price on a warranty".:)

Your location in the country seems to make a difference. Some dealers are still at or over MSRP while others are really dealing.

What dealer did you go to, by chance?

ltv1

Established Member
Come down here. They don't seem to be selling a lot of anything. Lot last time I was there was full of Cobras, Mach1's and a sea of SUV's. Just get your service up north. Seriously, if they are trying to hose you just look around.

ltv1

Established Member
Originally posted by Scream'nCobra
That is way overpriced. If i were you, i wouldnt pay anything over $33,500

Roger That, I think that is what they are here now. Great deals on barely used ones bay, too. Maybe the economy has crapped out so bad people are turning their cars in. Didn't they stop production due to a glut ? All the more reasons not to let them give you seven behind the barn.

VeNoMiZeD

Established Member
I dont want to Hi Jack this thread, but with one simple question and maybe you can answer without me starting a new thread, im also soon to be in the market for am 03 Cobra.

For X plan pricing. Basically i know a friend that is a Salesperson at a local ford. Would i be able to use her pin, by me just being a friend? how does X plan and A plan work? i know her and i havent asked her yet. But if i just know her. and she was willing to give me her pin, would i be able to use it?

Basically can you just tell me how/required, to get X plan or A plan? thanks

Good luck Rattlebox with your purchase. Look around and you will find one for the right price. Peace

cobralightning

Established Member
I think it was 32650, but I don't have the invoice in front of me. This is for a coupe, stock brushed rims. Also depends on which build the car came from -- they increased prices twice during the year. There was a poll out not to long ago on how much you paid for your cobra. Lots of pricing information in it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was willing to pay sticker to order from the factory. But if I was taking a Cobra off the lot I wouldn't pay sticker. That's just my opinion. But you should NEVER pay over sticker. Shop around and you'll find the deal you're happy with. I've heard of people buying from a dealer a couple of hours away to get a better price and then either driving it home or getting a trailer. Good luck!
:burnout:

D a m i e n

Established Member
Whoa, someone said location matters and i suddenly saw that you're in Southeast PA rattlebox (I'm just outside philly):D What dealer was it that tried to get $38k for a coupe? I don't own a cobra at the moment but I once sent an email requesting a quote (probably about 2 months ago) and since then I have literally received about 5 emails that someone obviously took the time to type (not some automatic mailing list).... all this even though i never even showed the least bit of interest after my initial request. I think the name of the dealer was something like McCafferty?? not sure, but it seems there are a lot of dealers with cobras just sitting on the lot. If I were you I would NOT accept anything over MSRP:) they're in a tight spot around here and they know it, it's just a matter of whether or not you do;-)

Rattlebox

Iggles Fan
Established Member
Hey Damien

Yea, the dealer was Manderbach Ford in Temple, just north of Reading. I'm waiting for some responses from dealers in the Philadelphia area as we speak.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Good luck man. I paid sticker for mine at the height of the craze. July of last year. 34 and some change as I recall. Anyway, the dealer now has 8 cobras on the lot. I'd probably get a better deal now with what seems to be more of a buyer's market but oh well. The dealer is in Michigan so I know that does you no good but just wanted to jump in and give you some encouragement. Good luck!
Ray

Users who are viewing this thread