Long or Short water pump Teksid build

H8TOLUZ

Established Member
Hey guys ran into a bit of a snag. Im building a teksid setup with factory 03-04 Cobra Eaton and front dress. I was running that exact setup on my 04 Mach and was using the stock Mach water pump. I decided while its apart I would replace the pump. Heres my issue.......the part number for a Mach, 03-04 Cobra, and 96 Cobra are all different!!! I realize there is a short and long version and from what im seeing the short is what I need but why are the 3 different??

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I don't know the differences between all those but I know the 03/04 pump works in the teksid. Well I test fitted mine anyhow and it looked perfect. I have not actually assembled motor and run car yet.

EDIT: According to Sean Hyland's 4.6 mod motor book the 99 & up water pump has a closed in pump vane reduces cavitation and takes less power to rotate. Beyond that I don't know. So don't use the 96 Cobra pump :)

Last edited:

Tractionless1

Established Member
If the OE works I HIGHLY suggest upgrading to the Stewart. Much faster temp. recovery as well as cooler overall running. I had to turn my fan settings up with the Reische 6 degrees as I was seeing 172* crusing temps. in S. Fla!

Users who are viewing this thread