LOL whoops...Steeda made a boo boo

Clemson

Established Member
Why in the world would Ford want Steeda to "leak" something that could potentially devastate sales?

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I believe a few people, including myself said it was most likely B.S. Let's just wait for Ford to release #s, pretty sure we can all wait for them. :D

P.S. The lack of faith of some people in this forum is quite interesting though. Ford delivers the amazing 13-14 GT500s and the Coyote motor but people still think they are going to somehow magically ruin the car for this new platform. I don't really understand where the lack of confidence is coming from.../cry :(
2010 mustang gt, 1996 mustang gt, late 70's mustangs, lol

Deranged2013

Established Member
If I had the car in my shop, like Steeda does, instead of scratching my head and trying to guess the weight, I believe I would just put it on the scales.

Lemers

Established Member
There have been projections as much as -300 lbs all the way to steada's +300 lbs. that's a 600 lb swing.

The question isn't "did stead a make a boo boo?" But what boo boo did steada make?

If Steada had a new mustang then it was also agreed that stead a wouldn't release any facts on the car (I.e. Weight). So weven if they did put it on a scale and weigh it Ford can force Steada to retract the statement or face legal actions.
Besides Ford is Steada's bread and butter and they don't won't to mess that up.
So when the car reaches the magazines; that's when we find out which mistake they made (guessing or releasing info they weren't supposed to)

RaceRedSnake

Established Member
The big question is , what will the new base Mustang weigh ? A heavily optioned Mustang will weigh more than a base model. You know the magazine test cars will be heavily optioned. I think we will have to be careful what options we choose. Foe example, track pack Mustangs with power seats will be the heavier Mustangs. Did Steeda get a heavily optioned Mustang ?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Not much more if they keep the same 6250 RPM redline, the Coyote already has a 450 rpm advantage, assuming stock redline. The GT500 has the over rev feature, and the coyote can easily go to 7500 rpms, but for the sake of argument lets say 6250 vs 6700.

horsepower = (Torque x rpm) / 5252. The 5.8's 14% increase in displacement will give it a directly proportional 14% increase in torque. To achieve its 420 hp at 6700 rpms, the coyote is making ~330 ft/lbs of torque (these are all crank numbers mind you). So lets just say the 5.8's 14% advantage gives it 375 torque (assuming the heads are able to flow that much, since it is proven the coyote heads flow more, and the gt500 has no Ti-Vct), at 6250 rpms that gives us about 445 hp, or basically Boss numbers. Not really much more, and much less room for improvement if it cant rev higher.

You cant just say bigger engine is better, its all in how its built, the trinity was built around boost so it is what it is.

You forgot about compression differences.. Give the 5.8L 11:1 and then figure it out ;)

BMR Tech

There are so many posts in this thread that make my head spin - it's quite entertaining.

Everything from comparing two completely different motors, with different compression ratios and purposes....to Steeda "having a car" and not weighing it, to the 2010 GT being a let down....and so many other things.

As for a company releasing info, inaccurately, and people thinking it's bad because "they're in bed with Ford" ----- I don't really get it. Ford is our #1 segment, at BMR.....and we could claim the car is 500lbs heavier, and it won't affect our relationship at all. We are aftermarket, we buy the car, build parts, race the car, and sell parts.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
The big question is , what will the new base Mustang weigh ? A heavily optioned Mustang will weigh more than a base model. You know the magazine test cars will be heavily optioned. I think we will have to be careful what options we choose. Foe example, track pack Mustangs with power seats will be the heavier Mustangs. Did Steeda get a heavily optioned Mustang ?

Another reason I skipped the power seats.

kingnut

Established Member
you dont think steeda has had a new stang to weigh first hand? i know they have. they are to big of a part of the mustang community not to have one in house.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread