LOL! Shit talking Audi TT driver gets Taste of New Coyote 5.0L!!

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Little precursor to this race: My boy just came back from Iraq, thankfully, but ever since he went, he's been running his mouth about how his GT28 Audi TT will run with my fox, and I mentioned my boy's near stock 5.0, he said, "Oh, I got that all day". So suffice to say this vid was made during the holidays when we all met up. He's been known to be a little cocky.. So I think this is exactly what he needed, LOL. All in good fun, mind you. He sure as hell is gonna be pissed when I post this shit on his wall.:D

I ended up driving the mustang in the video because my friend had been drinking. I was asked to stick to granny shifting because the MT82 is on the way out ever since I powershifted the shit out of it racing an Evo for him like 8 times a couple weeks ago, lol.

Either way sorry for audio and video quality, I was forced to use an actual strict camera for the races.

Enjoy! :banana:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3EcVCW3bCY"]2011 GT 6spd Vs. 2000 Audi TT GT28 Vs. Genesis 3.8L coupe - YouTube[/nomedia]

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
Why would your buddy in the Audi think he was going to win??? Does he just not know cars? The outcome was not surprising at all? LOl

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
Why would your buddy in the Audi think he was going to win??? Does he just not know cars? The outcome was not surprising at all? LOl

Put it this way.. my stock 150 crank hp 2001 GTI took the hit from him @ 60mph driving to the spot to race the Genesis, and he almost came around me when I let off which was like 2 minutes later and 12xmph. Almost being the key word.

So to answer your question.... the car is abnormally slow, even so I don't think he thought he was going to win. But he thought he had a chance, which is equally as bad, and domestics he knows nothing about. This vid was a reality check, lol.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Talk about ego bruising, that was rape.

I didn't know people modded those cars, I could see the potential though.

A 4 cylinder 2000 TT weighs 2900lbs, and @ 18psi should be putting down 290-300rwhp+ at the wheels, (on the low side).

With a bigger turbo and the stock motor they can make around 400whp, which in a 2900lb car would be no slouch.

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
The newer TT's are actually wicked cool little cars.....even the 1.8Ts. They just have really trick gear. I test drove one recently looking for a car for my gf. On the downshift it blips the throttle and upshifts are pretty intense on sport mode as the wastegate dumps boost and sort of burps and just goes. The handling is really where the car shines plus its German so fit and finish is top notch. Drag racing however, is not lol.

God bless your friend. I know what thats like. Every group of car guys has that one guy who is a good friend but just isnt too keen on knowing the limits of his car. I had a friend in highschool who had a 2000 or so V6 Camaro and would always show up to school with stories about how he beat this and that. Mind you it was an auto one wheel peel version with NO BALLS. Just made a LOT of noise since he put a basically open exhaust on it........of course since he had a camaro he had to dog on Mustangs which is what I had at the time....my 94' H/C/I and geared Cobra. So as a friendly gesture I suggest we go out and go from a 40 roll which he accepted.

We make the first run and just to kind of mess with him I leave it in 4th gear with my 4:10's. We take off and of course he sort of jumps out because he had the auto in like L2 "uphill mode" lmao and I wind out 4th coming around him pretty hard at like 75mph.

We stop and he's wiggin out like Paul Walker all like dammmnnnn I totally had you but I ran out of power. And then I dropped the hammer and told him I was in 4th lmao! At first he didn't believe me and I said ok lets go out and do it again. I wish I could have seen his face when I lit them up in 2nd and spun alllllllllllll the way through 3rd. He was a spec in my mirror after half a mile or so. Mind you I had JUST gotten my Longtubes on and couldn't weld up the x pipe until the following day. So I had open longtubes during the race......I think worse than beating him, I left him bleeding from the ears as well. Good times.

Last edited:

Amazongt

AKA maxstang AKA max97v6
Established Member
There was a guy who had the older version TT around here and he would always try picking on me in the GT at the track when all I had was an exhaust. brb mid 14s on street tires and still leaving him in the dust.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
LMFAO - that was hilarious! I laughed pretty damn hard when the dancing troll pics came out "You Mad?!" Excellent video. You really pulled him hard. The best kills are always when the other guy is cocky. It's a great feeling. Just a little education on the 'ol street dyno. Many people are just so incredibly misinformed/dumb and/or ignorant as to the capabilities of other vehicles.

Last edited:

07vert

Established Member
Talk about ego bruising, that was rape.

I didn't know people modded those cars, I could see the potential though.

A 4 cylinder 2000 TT weighs 2900lbs, and @ 18psi should be putting down 290-300rwhp+ at the wheels, (on the low side).

With a bigger turbo and the stock motor they can make around 400whp, which in a 2900lb car would be no slouch.

It has a GT28rs on it, so you're saying this car has 400whp? hmmm definitely doubt it to get walked by an auto genesis with an intake :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread