LoJack

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Exactly. The 6 volt is a backup in case the car's battery is disconnected. It allows the unit to still transmit for a number of hours.

Thanks. I thought that's what it was for but just wanted to be sure.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If the car is driven daily - it is not an issue. It is only an issue if you leave the car parked for over a week. Even so - a battery tender resolves the issue.

Really? That sucks then because it wouldn't be uncommon at all for many people here to not daily drive their Mustangs. That would be a fairly high draw to become a factor with the battery after only a week of the car being parked in a garage.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lojack? i plan on using a prepaid cell phone, tapped into a power supply, which is hidden. ringer off, auto answer calls... that way i can hear the f'ers talk. phones can be tracked via gps. cheap $50 phone, some services only require $10 every 3-4 months to keep the # active.

there was a write up or video on it before.

You know, I really like this idea. Very inexpensive and it should work just fine. It would be even better if you could somehow talk to the thieves through your car stereo. Just to shake them up a bit. LOL!

steeda21

Mr. T
Established Member
i will be tearing into my car tomorrow. that early warning crap has been calling me non stop the past week. so annoying. and sometimes i am in the car driving when it calls me with that automated message

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
I steal cars for a living and lojack is a ****ing a joke. Just pay more for full insurance. Trust me

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I steal cars for a living and lojack is a ****ing a joke. Just pay more for full insurance. Trust me

LOL this guy.

No seriously tho. If your car gets stolen at 12am and you dont notice it till 6am and you then call the authorities, shits either in a ditch or stripped. And after someone else has driven your mustang, raped every gear, you really want it back? Id rather them not find it.

Users who are viewing this thread