Locking Lugnut Crisis!!!! HELP ME OUT QUICK!!!

SONICBOOST

Established Member
I am selling my 03 wheels, i get home at 2a.m. i take all 3 wheels off and i am on the very last lugnut, of course the locked lugnut, still no big deal, until the F***** key breaks off in the lugnut!! NOW how in the hell am i suppose to get this damn thing off.......i need help quick fella's its now 640 am and i havent been to bed yet because i have to meet this guy with my wheels and tires around 11am. I NEED THIS THING OFF NOW!!!!!! ANYTHING>>?????? :fm: :fm: :fm:

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
go to the store and buy a 20mm deep socket. hammer it on the locked nut, and take it off. It will ruin all of it, but its the only cheap quick fix.

Eminency

Banned
Venix said:
go to the store and buy a 20mm deep socket. hammer it on the locked nut, and take it off. It will ruin all of it, but its the only cheap quick fix.
Exactly what he said...i had to do the same a couple years back.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
3/4" socket also works. Had to do that on mine. Be ready to lose the socket too. Not saying the socket won't eventually come off, but there is a chance you can break the socket too. Good luck.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
Chris_H said:
I am guessing that was when the lug-nut was off?
no, when it was on, wrapped the rest of the wheel with a blanket and ground away. I have done just two sides as well and got a wrench on as well. edit: I was a dumbass for even suggesting this for the way the lug-nut is recessed into the wheel. It has been on pickups and flat faced wheels where the entire lug is exposed :bash: :bash:

Last edited:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
no, when it was on, wrapped the rest of the wheel with a blanket and ground away. I have done just two sides as well and got a wrench on as well. edit: I was a dumbass for even suggesting this for the way the lug-nut is recessed into the wheel. It has been on pickups and flat faced wheels where the entire lug is exposed :bash: :bash:
Ok, I was beginning to wonder how small of a grinder you had! :lol: :lol:

Chris

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
THIS is how you fix it .... Go to Sears. Craftsman has a set of sockets called "BACK OUT" or "BOLT OUT" or somethign like that. They are set up to grab the stripped lug, etc and back it right out. My locking did the same thing. I tried for 3 days differeing ideas. This was the only thing that worked for me.

sikwitit36

Banned
99cobrablack said:
I've taken a grinder and made a hex on the old lug-nut(if it is round) and was able to get them off.

youll be cuttin on that thing for hours. and not to mention how skilled you have to be to make a perfect hex and not screw up you rim.

Last edited:

sikwitit36

Banned
SnkBtn99 said:
THIS is how you fix it .... Go to Sears. Craftsman has a set of sockets called "BACK OUT" or "BOLT OUT" or somethign like that. They are set up to grab the stripped lug, etc and back it right out. My locking did the same thing. I tried for 3 days differeing ideas. This was the only thing that worked for me.

yeah they do make a kit for pain in the ass lugnuts that people round off and cant get off.

Sonicboost you probably wont have much use of it after you get that one nut off. What i did is went up to a local shop and asked the guy if I could borrow his kit. he was nice enough to let me use it and bring it back. try that and save your money.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
the Ford dealer can fix it. If you dont wanna bother.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
sikwitit36 said:
youll be cuttin on that thing for hours. and not to mention how skilled you have to be to make a perfect hex and not screw up you rim.
don't have to do it all the way down, its no big feat to do, and only took about 15-20 min max to do, second time I just did two sides and used a end wrench to get it started loose. I will say I was a dumbass for suggesting this method on these wheels. When I was doing it they were flat faced wheels where the lugs weren't recessed.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
if its the stock ones just take the car over to ford really quick and have them take it off. then order you a new wheel lock. They have the master set of keys to every set of locks they make. To be truthfull there are only 14 different keys.

Venix

Venomous Productions
Established Member
trplblacksnake said:
if its the stock ones just take the car over to ford really quick and have them take it off. then order you a new wheel lock. They have the master set of keys to every set of locks they make. To be truthfull there are only 14 different keys.
2 sets of 14.

Users who are viewing this thread