Locals of NJ please read

iliveanddie

Established Member
I have been looking to buy a 2003/2004 cobra for awhile. Finally found one that looks good but was wondering if anybody closer to it has seen it at all. Its a 2003 DSG at a Cartec in NJ. If anyone has seen the car in person and can attest to its quality I would really appreciate it as I live in lower VA and a trip up there is kindof a long one.

Feel free to PM me to get information on where it is for those who are uncertain.

Thanks for all and any help.

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I have not seen that particular car, but I can tell you that I bought my car from Cartec and it was exactly as it was advertised if not better. I had a very good experience with them and I know that they dont have junk there, most cars are very low mileage and in immaculate condition. I would say its worth it to take the trip and check it out.

iliveanddie

Established Member
Thanks I am still hoping someone has happend to have seen it so I can get a second hand opinion. But we shall see it is the color I want and at a good mileage so hopefully I can finally get my terminator.

EVO ETR03

Topless
Established Member
i live about 15 minutes from Cartec. I know they only sell high end cars, but their pricing is a bit over the edge IMO. But hey if the car is just right then mite aswell pay a lil more. thats what i did. I think u will be fine with them. i can maybe take a peek at her next week and see. Ill be away this whole weekend so i cant until tuesday.

Jsko

Established Member
I have not seen that particular car, but I can tell you that I bought my car from Cartec and it was exactly as it was advertised if not better. I had a very good experience with them and I know that they dont have junk there, most cars are very low mileage and in immaculate condition. I would say its worth it to take the trip and check it out.

+1

I also bought my car at Cartec, perfect as described. They have all low mileage cars, in great condition. Best part, they always have stock ones, or close to it. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm sure it be worth your trip. The sale price looks good too, I got mine last summer for 29,900 with 5,011. Good Luck.

DSG FTW!

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Yea I agree they are a little pricey, they were asking $33k for my 10th anniversary with 3900 miles on it, I got them down to 31,500 and got 6 months warranty with it too.

iliveanddie

Established Member
Thanks for the idea mixxer. Anyways also one other question, the guy stated it was a 21lb boost pulley. To me this seemed like maybe a typo as he said it was only pulley and exhaust, no new blower and such. How likely is it for an eaton to push 21lb I thought that was pretty much dumb and probably impossible, to much heat and such. Is it more likely he meant 12? Also what size pulley would give you around those numbers for boost?

Users who are viewing this thread