Local ported eaton cobra runs 8.50s

crossthread

Established Member
So there is a local cobra with a posi port race port and a laundry list of other mods. At the track last night the best he could run was around a 8.50? Any thoughts?

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
how can anyone have any thoughts with the ambiguous "laundry list of mods"?

That's like me saying I went to the store, bought a bag of doritos and a laundry list of other groceries, I paid $66, did I pay too much? Depends on what else I bought.

crossthread

Established Member
Has longtubes, upper pulley, lower pulley, tune, dss halfshafts, intake, throttle body and may have a couple other little things. Was on some et street radials to.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Cars have issues at times and sometimes you figure that out at the track. Not everyone is perfect like the OP is.

svtaddict

Established Member
are 8.50s fast in the 1/8th mile? i used to run like an 8.29 with just ported gt40 heads cam and intake manifold with my 5.0.? edit i thought you meant his times were impressive my bad. that certainly sounds slow tho.

Last edited:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
You should probably mention in your original post that its the 1/8th and not the 1/4...

He probably needs more time behind the wheel. Give the guy a break. I'm sure he had fun

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
My bolt on 96 cobra runs 8.9s in the 1/8th mile which is slow as shit. Like a high 13 second quarter mile. I would be pissed if I bought a terminator with that much work done and only running .4 of a second faster (with et streets) than a bolt on 4v with street tires lol. But then again you have to factor in track elevation, launch and shift points, etc. Maybe he was taking it easy

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Probably new to the car/inexperienced. They run a little quicker than that stock.

Users who are viewing this thread