Local Doctor to Auction '69 Daytona Charger

Gix1k4

Established Member
He's had this car since new, hardly ever drove it in the last 15 years. While it's not B-J clean, it should still bring a good dollar.
http://thewhig.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1192496

Car_3.jpg

Car_1.jpg

Car_7.jpg

More pics:
http://www.gordonsestateservices.com/live/ProductionSite/Auction_Services___21970688678260758.aspx

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
A one owner daytona like is worth way more in the shape than restored. I would bet thats the original paint and if not the original paint all the original drive train. That thing is a survivor and considering what it is its worth a fortune just like it is. I'd say it brings between 300,000-500,000 if the right people here about it.

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
A one owner daytona like is worth way more in the shape than restored. I would bet thats the original paint and if not the original paint all the original drive train. That thing is a survivor and considering what it is its worth a fortune just like it is. I'd say it brings between 300,000-500,000 if the right people here about it.

I agree, a 1 owner survivor car is 100 times more rare than a restored 1 owner car. In all honesty I would much rather have a survivor car....I see big bucks coming from that car!!!

Gix1k4

Established Member
The paint has been touched up in '70, not sure exactly what was done though, but otherwise it's all original. I figured i'd try and help to get the word out.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
The paint has been touched up in '70, not sure exactly what was done though, but otherwise it's all original. I figured i'd try and help to get the word out.

Even with a touch up if its mostly original someone would much rather have that. A car is only original once. Thanks for sharing it keep us posted if you can when it sales I am very curious to see what it brings!

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
One small thing I noticed it doesn't have the original valve covers. Its hard to tell from the picture what else has been messed with under the hood. Might turn some big money people off depending on what else has been changed or uprgraded over the years.

Pegasus

Established Member
I have dreamed of owning one of those since I was a little kid......

I'm glad to see that they are still out there, ya know? Just when you think all the cars have disapeared, been crushed, or restored and sold to rich guys with collections and don't drive them, one shows up!!!

I love it, I hope it gets all the TLC that it deserves. I also hope the new owner DRIVES IT!!

Ax

mustang_00

Established Member
i wonder how a new edge superbird/daytona would look... i'm talking about a retro wing and nose cone just like the original. i know the concept would look sick until they actually made the thing.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
i wonder how a new edge superbird/daytona would look... i'm talking about a retro wing and nose cone just like the original. i know the concept would look sick until they actually made the thing.

I have saw several concept drawings over the past few years but this is all I can find right now.
Daytona2010.JPG

Ruslow

Established Member
Would love to see more detailed pics.IF it is real will bring big $$ since there were fewer of the Dodges made than the Plymouths.Also should have a metal nose and I could not tell if it has the reenforcements in the truck.If not then is a fake or they were stolen at some point in its life.body looks rite since it does have the flush rear window.V/C's are a super minor detail I have several sets of them as well as the correct fan and clutch fan for the 6 pac cars.Price on the mopars has dropped [like everything else] but still should be tidy sum.Stan

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Would love to see more detailed pics.IF it is real will bring big $$ since there were fewer of the Dodges made than the Plymouths.Also should have a metal nose and I could not tell if it has the reenforcements in the truck.If not then is a fake or they were stolen at some point in its life.body looks rite since it does have the flush rear window.V/C's are a super minor detail I have several sets of them as well as the correct fan and clutch fan for the 6 pac cars.Price on the mopars has dropped [like everything else] but still should be tidy sum.Stan

Im sure its real. Look at the jack. Its a superbird/daytona only piece they are hard as hell to find. My dad looked for ever for one for his bird.
Car_2.jpg

This is an odd detail I just noticed. Look at the daytona lettering. It's screwed up on one side? I wonder what the story behind that is.
Car_5.jpg

Car_6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread