lmr sve hood struts

bssmith1220

Established Member
Is anyone using late models restos hood struts? They are no drill likecthe mrt ones but cheaper. Just want to know if anyone had any experience with them. I'm about to buy hood struts and the sve ones are cheaper.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I have not I run the ones from AM mrt I think? I'm happy with mine. I'd say pull the trigger on the LMR ones. I've bought from them and really like them and there customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
How do they work with closing the hood? I don't want to accidentally dent it pushing down. I normally just lower it to a few inches above and then drop it to latch down.

I've seen Subaru and Porsche guys put nice dents in their aluminum hoods pressing down to fully latch.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Just a personal opinion. I mean, we weld in FLSFC's, but don't want to drill a hole. On a bone stock, hell yeah that's the way to go.

This I just filed on my CO hood, to get my vents to fit. Pained me a little bit but you can't see it and it went good. Mine also has FLSC's welded on. But Brad has a good point come to think of it. The only thing with the bolt on ones is be easy and careful when taking the nut off the stud so it doesn't strip. I also had to get some Hill man fender bolts to get mine to bolt to the fender. Still have the factory bolts in the tool box.

HOW-TO: MRT Hood Struts Installation

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=606172&share_fid=16174&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread