Livernoise 10:1 CR & Paxton SC Help

Hoven91

Established Member
So I just got my new livernoise pro series 10:1 short block installed in my 2012 5.0.
I currently have full bolt-ons including long tube headers, boss intake, cat less x pipe, exedy clutch, carbon fiber drive shaft, full suspension.

my problem is I knew I was going to lose power with the 10:1 CR but damn I dynoed at 381rwhp. So I have the money to supercharge now and I want to go with a Paxton. My goal is at least 650whp. What should I buy to get to my goal on a paxton with the 10:1cr?

i plan on ordering the supercharger tomorrow.

the5

Established Member
What do you have as far as fuel system?
Im assuming the motor has Rods Pistons and OPG, on that it should be good for about 900.

I was able to put out 809 hp on my Paxton on e85 and 16 psi with the 3.33, but you need a fuel system to support that.

kdaly

Established Member
On that CR im not really sure, but normally the 3.8 pulley will get you above the 600whp with a BAP and your mods. If I were you I'd get a return style fuel system and go nuts as you have a built motor. If you have a manual I'd keep it under 750whp'ish as I believe that is the limit of those. Auto, get nutty.

Hoven91

Established Member
My problem is I live on the Far East side of Houston and for e85 it just wouldn't be ideal for me. I travel to Louisiana and Alabama and there is barely any e85 around there. Would the return style file system help me on 93 octane? I guess fuel systems are on thing I need to do some more research on

Hoven91

Established Member
On that CR im not really sure, but normally the 3.8 pulley will get you above the 600whp with a BAP and your mods. If I were you I'd get a return style fuel system and go nuts as you have a built motor. If you have a manual I'd keep it under 750whp'ish as I believe that is the limit of those. Auto, get nutty.

650whp is all I want for now. I regret the 10:1 car now lol. I'm on a tight budget right now due to all the money I just spent on the motor and rim ect.... Where would be a good place to get a fuel system?

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
step 1: get a daily.

step 2: get a fuel system to be able to run E85.

step 3: put on a 3.33 or less pulley, and turn up. you'll likely get some belt slip and stuff anyways.

a note: if you're smart, you'll order a wastegated set up, if you're set on going paxton. or you could just cut the shit and go turbo, since you've got a motor to support 900 or so. just my two cents, since I did the whole paxton thing, and it was lack luster, at best. especially with an MT82 behind it.

kdaly

Established Member
at just 650whp you wont need a fuel system just yet. Just a boost a pump. Just wastegate the paxton with a 3.33 pulley and you'll be set to hit 650whp or close too it at your CR.. If you havent purchased the paxton yet I too would go turbo. But I have a lot of damn fun with my little V3. But my car is also the highest HP Car i've been in. So I havent tasted the good stuff yet.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
i had a paxton.

now i have a turbo set up.

i'd never buy another blower again.

Here's proof. my car vs a paxton car.

[video=youtube;uHdo4J8LJ-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdo4J8LJ-Y[/video]

kdaly

Established Member
damn! I wish I didnt see that. Do you know the power level of the paxton vs ur car?

Just so expensive to do the switch

bunits19714

Established Member
if your set on getting the Paxton then, and are on a limited budget get the basic kit get the 3.48 pulley from the go. this should but you at around 700 with a boosta pump- and 1d1000's and if your going the BC route they tune with lund have them write a flex fuel tune for you. then when you have access to e-85 you have it and when you just have access to premium the car adjust for that. Then you can add the wastegate at a later time and a fuel system as well- then you will have to make the decision if you want to upgrade to a 8 rib at the same time as your doing the wastgate option- this is why I went the 8 rib procharger route with all the goodies from the start- blower will make way more power than my motor can handle for another 2 years until I get a built shortblock- And why did you go 10:1 if you weren't going to go FI immediately/ or currently during the build?

Hoven91

Established Member
if your set on getting the Paxton then, and are on a limited budget get the basic kit get the 3.48 pulley from the go. this should but you at around 700 with a boosta pump- and 1d1000's and if your going the BC route they tune with lund have them write a flex fuel tune for you. then when you have access to e-85 you have it and when you just have access to premium the car adjust for that. Then you can add the wastegate at a later time and a fuel system as well- then you will have to make the decision if you want to upgrade to a 8 rib at the same time as your doing the wastgate option- this is why I went the 8 rib procharger route with all the goodies from the start- blower will make way more power than my motor can handle for another 2 years until I get a built shortblock- And why did you go 10:1 if you weren't going to go FI immediately/ or currently during the build?

I planned on going FI about a month after the motor install. Honestly idk why I got the 10:1. I guess I seen a lot of ppl going 9.5:1 so I went half way. I was trying to stay on 93

Hoven91

Established Member
i had a paxton.

now i have a turbo set up.

i'd never buy another blower again.

Here's proof. my car vs a paxton car.

[video=youtube;uHdo4J8LJ-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdo4J8LJ-Y[/video]

The EDP turbo looks awesome and the price is not too bad. U might have just changed my mindlol

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
OP, It really depends on what the end goals are for yourself and the car.

Anyone can say Paxton or turbo. But are you road coursing the car? Strictly street duties? Drag racing? What power level will you be happy with? What supporting mods for suspension and wheels do you currently have?

The compression will hurt you a little bit but you can make up for it with E85, cams, smaller pulley, etc.

Shoot me a text since you cant PM yet and we can go over a ton of options for F/I and Fuel related that fit your needs.

-Thomas

Last edited:

Quad4_72

Established Member
I had a tvs blower, and switched to EDP turbo. Best decision I ever made. I just wish I would have gone turbo in the first place would have saved me a lot of money. Trust me when I say this, do it right the first time. So many of us learned that lesson on here having goals of "650" rwhp. That power gets old quick trust me. You are gonna want more and you spent all that money on a built motor, so use it! If you have to wait a bit to save the money for turbo. You will thank yourself in the end.

Hoven91

Established Member
I had a tvs blower, and switched to EDP turbo. Best decision I ever made. I just wish I would have gone turbo in the first place would have saved me a lot of money. Trust me when I say this, do it right the first time. So many of us learned that lesson on here having goals of "650" rwhp. That power gets old quick trust me. You are gonna want more and you spent all that money on a built motor, so use it! If you have to wait a bit to save the money for turbo. You will thank yourself in the end.

Just ordered the 64mm hellion twin turbos hope I made a good choice. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread