Dusten

Established Member
Your case is not on the same track, same day, how bout same driver? There are way too many other variables in that equation though. I also said I doubted it made a 1% difference and .3 is close to 1% in this case.
We won't see a swing that large in da at one track around here. Yes, same driver. Car is very consistent, and has been running the same combo for years. Every year it goes to the track with shitty da and runs the same numbers, and runs faster with better da. It's not like these were the first outings on a set up.

And .3 is 3.1% of 9.6

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
DA greatly especially affects the entire EcoBoost line of vehicles. It is far more integral than many believe. For instance, the same SHO (CAI, Tstat, Tune, 3BAR, DP and CB) that runs 12.0's in September runs a 12.2 in July. Obviously, the biggest difference there is that the ambient temps are lower along with the relative humidity and barometric pressure delta.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So a GT350 gets ran very poorly, to bring publicity to a Focus.... Got it.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
DA greatly especially affects the entire EcoBoost line of vehicles. It is far more integral than many believe. For instance, the same SHO (CAI, Tstat, Tune, 3BAR, DP and CB) that runs 12.0's in September runs a 12.2 in July. Obviously, the biggest difference there is that the ambient temps are lower along with the relative humidity and barometric pressure delta.

.2ths is not much of a swing. My Lightning loses almost a second from winter 40-50's to the heat of summer 100 with high humidity.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
FWIW, the owner said that the car was on the 93 tune and not the E30 tune and he clicked off a 12.7 later in the day. GT350 ran a 12.5 or something at one point. I'll try to find where I read that.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
We had nothing to do with the pairing. The GT350 was run by its owner who is friends with the owner of the RS.

If you guys had nothing to do with the pair up, I stand corrected.

The thing is, most of us know the gt350 is a bottom 12s @ 116+ car...

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
If you guys had nothing to do with the pair up, I stand corrected.

The thing is, most of us know the gt350 is a bottom 12s @ 116+ car...

They had nothing to do with the pair up. I took the video thinking it would make for a cool video with 2 new Ford Performance vehicles. I posted it on FB and had no idea it would turn out to be a Livernois article. Thanks SVTP!

Users who are viewing this thread