Little help please

twhitey

Established Member
I drove my car today for the first time in 2 weeks, nice and easy to the gym and back. With out any problems. I parked the car in the driveway for no more than 10 mins and the car is missing and not idling so I back up into the garage as I do she stalls. Will not restart. I plugged in my SCT Below are the following codes.
P0234
p1229
p0193
p0148
does anyone have any ideas at what direction to start looking?

twhitey

Established Member
Things I have done.
I checked all the fuses I dont see any that are blown. I disconnected the frps and tried to start the car nothing, Also I notice when the key is turned on the I/c pump is no longer running.

My car does have a KB BAP it is set on 20. I hear a noise from the back when I turn the car on not sure if that is the original noise or new.

I have a new FRPS I am going to try that next does anybody have any ideas?

bigmoose

Established Member
the last two are your FRPS and fuel delivery. Pull the vacuum line off the FRPS and smell for gas. its quick and simple. if you have a fuel pressure gauge, plug it onto your rail and turn the ignition on and see if you get anything.

Last edited:

twhitey

Established Member
Yeah I think I had a multiple of things go wrong at once. I work early tommorw so no time to figure it out. But the oil does smell like fuel. I should have thought to check that earlier

twhitey

Established Member
I replaced the FRPS with a new one car cranked right up I let it idle for a moment. Shut the car off re checked my codes car showed over boost, fuel/pressure and incorrect fuel parameters. Tried to restart my car nothing I think I just blew the brand new FRPS.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I drove my car today for the first time in 2 weeks, nice and easy to the gym and back. With out any problems. I parked the car in the driveway for no more than 10 mins and the car is missing and not idling so I back up into the garage as I do she stalls. Will not restart. I plugged in my SCT Below are the following codes.
P0234
p1229
p0193
p0148
does anyone have any ideas at what direction to start looking?

This code is sometimes seen for no apparent reason.
P0193 FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR A (FRP-A) CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT

I don't recall seeing these codes before, the overboost one does not bother me much, but the other two are very weird.

P0234 TURBO / SUPER CHARGER (TC/SC) OVER BOOST CONDITION
P1229 CHARGE AIR COOLER (CAC) PUMP DRIVER
P0148 FUEL DELIVERY ERROR

Any chances that something got into the wiring or there was some work done like a clutch swap where a wiring harness could have been pinched? The blower swap you did is pretty straigtforward and easy to see so there should not have been any issues there.

hotcobra03

Established Member
codes

im a learner here,,looking at codes

your ic pump is might not be working,which could cause po234

all others point to fuel..po148 sounds bad..

Severely restricted fuel filter.
Severely restricted fuel supply line

p0234
engine temps too high
Low speed fuel pump relay not switching

po193 points to an electrical issue with volts

when swap was done,,how much was just pulled to the side to do work?
vs removing wire harness and vaccum hoses?

these hoses crack and break easy..but you should have seen a lean code for vaccum leaks,,,

not sure if this helps,,just maybe something might ring a bell

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Apparently it was just his FRPS that went bad.
It is very weird that the other codes popped up.

-

twhitey

Established Member
I replaced the FRPS and got about 300 miles until it all started ovre again. I think justin is right but I havent gotten a chance to drop the tranny and look at the wiring harness. A few people local to me think its my fuel pump/pumps. Since I had the clutch done a 1000 miles ago or so, I am leaning towards that direction.
Anyone have anything like this happen to them?

Users who are viewing this thread