Little bit of port and polish spit shine

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
So I'm currently out of the country for work for a bit and I left my intake at my drag racing buddies house who's usually always working with me on the car. I got to talking to him about the intake how it had some lands in it that would give a little air resistance and thought about trying to find a shop to port and polish it. He replied with its already done, I said what do you mean ? He said I got bored one day and knocked it out. I didn't start yelling but internally I'm saying o shit haha. It's not a cheap intake by any means.

After he sent me some pictures I was proud , he really did a bang up job.

IMG_0635-1.jpg

IMG_0634-1.jpg

IMG_0641-1.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Looks like he took the injector boss's up quite a bit. Hopefully he had an injector to test fit to make sure it doesn't expose the O-rings.

Can't believe that for the money for that intake it doesn't come ported or cleaned up.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
The injector boss's were left stock from MMR's original position however there were ledges from the top of the cnc plates that the runners weld on to. The injector side had a small ledge and the other side was a decent bit larger. While from a customers point of view this seems like a let down. I can tell you if you buy any other custom intake like wilson it will run you a good 3-5k lol.

I can maybe try it N/A but honestly this setup was designed for boost and truthfully i'm not gonna tune for this intake when I have my system all lined up for install needing another tune all together. However I've been told this intake is similar to the boss and has a cleaner flow path , also can hold up to more psi of boost or larger shots of N2O. Though it comes at a larger cost.

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Would it be foolish to purchase this intake over a CJ with intentions of staying N/A? This spring I plan on buying a CJ or this and maybe go FI later down the road but remain N/A for at least summer of '14

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Would it be foolish to purchase this intake over a CJ with intentions of staying N/A? This spring I plan on buying a CJ or this and maybe go FI later down the road but remain N/A for at least summer of '14

If I were dead set on NA I would probably go with the CJ setup but if there was any chance of FI entering the picture I would personally hold off and make the final call depending on your power adder. Though if your in a rush for a intake or pretty sure your going FI with turbo or paxton I would maybe purchase this and try it NA fora bit then do the FI.

I recall MMR having some test data on this intake NA so I guess I need to email the guys and see if they can share it. So that we can maybe get a better comparison between this and the CJ for NA guys but when boost enters the picture it changes how an intake performs.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
An intake costing that much shouldn't need to be "cleaned up."

However I've been told this intake is similar to the boss and has a cleaner flow path , also can hold up to more psi of boost or larger shots of N2O. Though it comes at a larger cost.
How can it handle a larger shot of n2o? It may hold up to a backfire when the plastic intake wouldn't but there's no reason a boss intake'd engine couldn't take as much nitrous as an engine with this intake. MMR marketing at it's best.

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

This pic bothers me, take a look at the weld around the runner inlet. The inlet should be teh largest part of the runner and shoudld remain unobstructed. These inlets are clearly intruded upon by the weld which is not what you want. I suggest you get inside the plenum and clean up the inlets as they are more important to power production than the areas you've already had done.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member

Both the Boss and CJ designs and quality are far better than that of the MMR intakes. Also, these intakes were designed to make power in n/a form which means they work and as such they will work with boost also; what works for n/a works with boost. The intake requirement for an engine is based on required flow and RPM range, not whether or not the engine is boosted or n/a.

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
This pic bothers me, take a look at the weld around the runner inlet. The inlet should be teh largest part of the runner and shoudld remain unobstructed. These inlets are clearly intruded upon by the weld which is not what you want. I suggest you get inside the plenum and clean up the inlets as they are more important to power production than the areas you've already had done.

This is a sheet metal intake your gonna have some smooth welds exposed to attached the intake runners a bit. If you think that is going to affect power in any noticeable way you definitely haven't owned many fabbed intake setups / turbo setups..

Also when I said larger N20 shots I did mean with standing against backfires as those plastic intakes like to dent hoods. Also it is true N/A intakes work just fine for boost but you can design a intake more suited for boost.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
If you increased the size of the runner, you just reduced the velocity the air will travel down the runner unless you make it longer (GT Intake)... On a NA car, not good at all. the point of velocity is to fill the cylinder with as much air as possible and if the velocity is great enough it will actually be greater than the outside atmospheres barometric pressure (air), the force of the airs velocity filling the cavity.

The main reason you can run quicker ETs with a GT intake other than the Boss intake at altitude... and the GT makes more low end torque.

On a boosted car, not for sure what this will change, maybe allow less back pressure between pump and intake value... When compressing air you create heat, the larger the difference from suction to discharge you create more heat... on a boosted engine, the air velocity is still important but not as... SO, this should really help with a pump upstream.

Last edited:

radialkid

Established Member
I ported the intake. The injector bosses were never touched.
There was a small 1/4 lip inside the intake where the runner and flange met and another inside the runner. I smoothed those up and polished the runners.
The welds in the top of the runner are smooth, the pic just looks that way.

Overall it's a badass intake for the price. Nobody else would even try to come close to this price range. Thanks mmr!

Gonna start on the project next week.

Users who are viewing this thread