Little advise before Jon Lund tuning day.

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
I want to make sure I optimize my combination. I need to put new plugs in again and will probably stick with the TR-6's I have been playing with the gap though. Last set I put in was gapped .32 and it feels like its stumbling low end but no problems with blow out up top. .35 was the set before and it seems like up top I was blowing out.

Mods are as followed.
2.93 no lower on Stage IV port
SCT 2400 (thanks ken)
FPIK2
LFP Heat exchanger
3.73's
SCT XCAL2
Magnaflow CB

Anything else I should do before the tune? Advise is appreciated.

Tom

TRBO VNM

maybe change the plug type. try going to a 30 gap and see what happens. or see about a different plug. maybe one of the autolites will work better for you.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Tom, have you considered increasing your boost levels a little? The increased efficiency of the ported blower makes it possible to run 16+/- lbs of boost pretty darn efficiently with our roots blowers. You're running about 14 lbs with the 2.93 upper only. If you add a 4 lb lower, you'll increase your boost to 16.5 lbs+/- and at approximately 12 RWHP per lb of boost on the Eaton, you should get a nice RWHP increase. And TV can get you a deal and throw that thing on there in a jiffy...........

You're also getting to the point that fuel availablility could be an issue as well. Just the addition of the wiring upgrade would probably be sufficient to keep your fuel pump duty cycles reasonable, but most folks with Stage IV's are using BAPs or aftermarket fuel pumps.

And a bunch also add 60 lb injectors, but they usually aren't necessary until 540 RWHP +/-.......

I've had great success with TR6's gapped at .035 but these plugs can be real tempermental with our cars. Agree with Jason on the Autolite's and know that Ken has some pretty good success with them in the past.

Most of us go with aftermarket mid pipes and while you'll get a little performance enhancement from it, a lot of us change them out for the sound;-)

See Tom......I just went ahead and spent another $1,000 bucks for you!!!

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
At this point I know its gonna have to be a nice amount of coin to get anymore power out of the car. And I dont know if I want to spend the cash considering I just spend nice $$ on a new bumper only to have it messed up along with the HE. So mod money turned into repair money. I just dont like how the car is running right now and I wanna make sure all ducks are in order with the car as it sits. But the may be a little "artifical atmosphere" in the future. But again I dont know if that will require the 60's and or a BAP even on a 35 shot.

Ill try to gap down the next set to 30 and see if that helps out of boost driving. If that doesnt work ill try the autolites.

TRBO VNM

if you spray, you will need the gap lower most likely. I would say on spray they should go down about 27 or so. without spray 30 should be good. get a couple sets of plugs. tr6's and a comparable autolite.

01satinsilver

Official NJ MACA Pimp
Established Member
SPRAYED DAILY said:
lol, I remember when I ran a 35 shot.... maybe for about a day before I bumped it up. I hope you have more self control than I have when it comes to the spray.

hmmm... I wonder if I have enough fuel for a 200 shot at Maple Groove.... :uh oh:

I already have first hand found out what happens when you dont have self control with the spray on my GT. I have never seen a rod exit a block like that. So with that image fresh in mind I will have self control. :kaboom: should I go that route.

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
What Autolites are you recommending? I don't think that my plugs have ever been changed, at least I haven't changed them.

Todd

TRBO VNM

RAWSN8K said:
What Autolites are you recommending? I don't think that my plugs have ever been changed, at least I haven't changed them.

Todd

comparable heat range to the tr6's or maybe one step colder for higher boost and nitrous applications. I am not sure of the part number, but you will find it in a search.

Users who are viewing this thread