• Not at all

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • No need for it, we just get down to business

Votes: 35 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

assasyn

Established Member
Being that it's close to Valentine's Day, the conversation came up about whose role it is to buy lingerie? How does SVTP view this? Do you buy for her? Does she buy for herself/you?

Comments welcome by the few women of SVTP as well.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i just buy it and then put it in the "I'll never see her in this" basket she keeps in the closet.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
It depends, some women are into it others are not....however getting laid is not a valentines day gift (take note ladies). That should happen on its own whenever. However her dressing up for you or getting another chick to join, win.

I have rarely bought lingerie for a woman, they usually pick something they know I will like to see them in and makes them feel sexy. Its a good way to avoid us (men) making a bad choice.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
G strings son....can't go wrong. DONT even need a top so its half off lol

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
They're coming off anyway - why bother?

Because it builds anticipation for the "main event" and puts a greater focus on foreplay. Obviously, I think my wife's body is stunning in the nude, but the lingerie is an additional layer of eye candy that I thoroughly enjoy and I think it provides a subconscious understanding to slow down and focus on her more.

To each their own, but it always seems like once you're both undressed, that's the cue to...well you know and any foreplay is half assed. A lot of women tend to feel like sex is all about the guy, get it in, pull it out, grab a towel, go to bed and I think wearing lingerie speaks "slow it down pal".

I prefer my wife picking and surprising me! Well, with that I think its time to call it a day and go see my wife!!!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
depends on how well you know your girl. If you know her size and what she likes, by all means, get stuff for her!

if you don't know what she likes, or what her measurements are, then get her a gift card to Fredericks of Hollywood or to Victoria's Secret or some other lingerie shop and let her go get what she wants/likes.

but make sure lingerie is even her thing first, if it's not, it's just money thrown away.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Case in point why a guy should never buy lingerie.....Got some for the wife before we were married. She was excited as to what i thought she would look good in. Turns out white and tight did not fancy her and she refused to even put it on. Spent a whole lotta money for nothing.

She ended up grabbing something in black later on that week and surprising me but it was still pretty embarrassing when your significant other tells you a flat out "NO".

Blown 89

Established Member
I've always thought lingerie looks ridiculous. Seems I'm alone in thinking that.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Lingerie falls into the same category as most clothes for my wife... I can buy it but chances are it will either get returned or never worn. There are just too many things from, how it feels, how it fits, how it looks, what color it is, etc and inevitably I won't get at least one of those things right. So typically if I'm going to try and buy her clothes or lingerie I'll get a gift certificate to a particular store and let her get something or we'll go together. That way I at least ensure I'm not throwing money away and hopefully she'll like whatever she picks out.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Buy her a VS gift card. That way she gets something she's comfortable with, isn't out the money for it, and you get to see her in it. Win-win.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
As much as I like lingerie, it doesn't happen much because it just ends up coming off.

Users who are viewing this thread