Line Locks

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Ouch, didn’t think they were that steep. But my car has an slp kit and it’s extremely clean and has worked for years.

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
Ouch, didn’t think they were that steep. But my car has an slp kit and it’s extremely clean and has worked for years.

I was looking at these a little while back. I read that a couple members had them lock up/malfunction on them while driving and having to deal with that on the side of the road.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Had a slp kit on my car for over 10 years.

Switch is run to complete ground. Worst case scenario I can cut and cap the ground to turn off. Never had an issue

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Roush 99-04 Mustang Line Lock Kit

Same kit. With a different sticker on it.

And almost double the price.

Yep, Roush has always been proud of their S#!T!

Wish I could go back in time and give myself some advice. Never would have bought my 380R (Paid too much (Mistake); gave up my 89GT for it (Big Mistake); Roush has flooded the market and my 380R is not worth much today (Sucks)) :oops:.......

I'm also running an SLP on my coupe. Installed it myself. Looks great and I have NEVER had an issue with it. Too bad they stopped producing them.

Quick Strike

Established Member
SLP here as well for over 10 years. I put the button inside the power plug in the console: Very stealthy!

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Ive had my SLP line lock for about 4 years now. It starting to stick when i use it now, like when i release the button it stays locked for a few more seconds. I think the heat from my Long Tubes has started to damage it or something.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member

VA-Mach1

Established Member
Buy a Ebay linelock kit. (Works and lasts just like any othet), and it comes with the proper momentary switch. The Roush looks like it has a toggle switch. Get brake line fittings from local parts store and total cost is under 100 for everything.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
Buy a Ebay linelock kit. (Works and lasts just like any othet), and it comes with the proper momentary switch. The Roush looks like it has a toggle switch. Get brake line fittings from local parts store and total cost is under 100 for everything.

You trust those China made linelocks?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, I saw that in the classifieds. I like the idea, but having two of them in the fender well area isn’t appeasing to me and I haven’t heard of any horror stories that would necessitate moaving away from the traditional setup.

well I like the idea of the design bypassing the master cylinder so there is no need for bleeding the brakes, which is such a pita. that's why I haven't just done mine by myself yet. I have an old slp system I never took out of the box.

94 Cobra R

Same Ol Same Ol
Established Member
well I like the idea of the design bypassing the master cylinder so there is no need for bleeding the brakes, which is such a pita. that's why I haven't just done mine by myself yet. I have an old slp system I never took out of the box.

You would still have to bleed the front calipers if you’re opening up the lines, so you can’t get away from that.

So...how much are you selling that SLP system for?? :)

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
lol I have to find it honestly, but now that I know it's a collectors item..... :)

Users who are viewing this thread