Line Lock on the GT500

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I want to get a line lock installed but Im not sure which one will work. :??:
I got a quote from a reputable shop, of 995.00 dollars (parts and labor):dw:

This seemed high to me, but maybe there is something about the GT500 which makes line lock installation difficult??:??:

I'm interested to hear if any of you have had any luck with any specific kits, and how much $$$ they were, and how difficult (hrs) to install.

Thanks!

F8L SN8K

Established Member
slp and do it yourself..they quoted you 1k because you said it was a shelby and the $$ signs flashed in their eyes Like all the other parts for these cars.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Take it to a real speed shop, and you should be able to get one done for much less than $1000. I think mine cost about $400 or so for parts and labor on my 03. There is nothing special about a shelby or any other car for that matter to make it any more costly than that.

69b302

Established Member
Tire fryer line locks are common, as well as the SLP. The tire fryer go after the ABS block, where the slp goes before, so tire fryer has two solenoids as apposed to SLP's one. I have the SLP, but have not installed yet(soon as spring is slowly approaching). $1000 is way too high.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I used the PMP lines/fittings and solenoids from jegs. The setup mounts in the fenderwells so you never see it. I have a bunch of pics, I need to do a writeup.

Users who are viewing this thread