Line Lock / launch control kit

bigwave

Established Member
Looking to put a rear brake Line Lock kit, or Staging Kit on the 03 cobra, What is the most bang for the buck? Do I need a whole kit or are the lines easy to bend and work with from a generic kit?
Any advice would be appreciated.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
I got the slp it. Everything was made very nice. I didn’t install it but bending lines in that tight spot would be a pain.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I think all the kits are designed for the front brakes. You might have to make your own if you're wanting to control the rear brakes. Bending lines isn't to bad. I use wire to get an idea of the routing. Then bend the lines to match.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Last edited:

bigwave

Established Member
Sorry my bad, I want to lock the front wheels, not the back, just as they are designed to be used (or most people use them). My wording was not the best, in fact, it sucked!!
Bending from a pattern makes since, are you using a bender, or just bend around something circular or close to it?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have a bender. I've also used sockets and my legs. Depends on how tight the radius needs to be.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Looking to put a rear brake Line Lock kit, or Staging Kit on the 03 cobra, What is the most bang for the buck? Do I need a whole kit or are the lines easy to bend and work with from a generic kit?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Don't know if it's the best bang for the buck, but 'Phill' on here makes a really nice piece. Just saw a post today that he is back in business.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Whoops forgot to mention - the company I mentioned above is for an abs delete in conjunction with line lock... still no bending of existing lines necessary though.

bigwave

Established Member
Is the ABS delete necessary? I've read a few accounts of people not doing that and not having any issues. Of the few kits I've looked at a few mentioned doing something with ABS a few said nothing about it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Is the ABS delete necessary? I've read a few accounts of people not doing that and not having any issues. Of the few kits I've looked at a few mentioned doing something with ABS a few said nothing about it.
no it's not necessary. in fact i think most folks who run a line lock kit leave the abs intact

D-MANN

Established Member
No reason to delete your abs. Most delete it when doing a solid axle and didn’t bother with the abs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread