Limit of the Vortech V3......

2012csgt

Established Member
I think I might be close to the limit of the Vortech V3. I did a lot of searching about belt slip and pulley and what hole for the idler and here is my results. I saw a post I believe from Beefcake that he ran an 8 rib pulley years ago on a 6 rib kit. So being the fact the Vortech is a smaller head unit than the V3 I decided to get a 2.95 pulley and a Gates green HD belt K060997. Slightly smaller than the K061000, witch is a 100 inch belt.

I believe a 2.95 pulley on a Vortech V3 is the same as running a 3.15 pulley on the Paxton. IDK. I used the middle idler hole and the belt is tight, almost topping out the tensioner. Well no issues with slipping, I think I see 13-14 psi of boost. I went to the track last night and here is the result. Next upgrade is in the transmission ( clutches and shaft ) as mine completely stock. My suspension is completely stock too, but I might not mess with it cause it seems like its working. Thanks to Ken Bjonnes and Lund racing for the awesome tuning.

I know DTONY has went a string of 9.70s in the past and maybe allheinz went a little faster but I think Im ranked up there.

IMG_3559_zpsecug10w1.jpg

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Congrats! What's really impressive is the car is full weight with the exception of removing the passenger seat and the completely stock suspension with the front swaybar still in place and hooked up!

4VFTW

Established Member
Congrats! What's really impressive is the car is full weight with the exception of removing the passenger seat and the completely stock suspension with the front swaybar still in place and hooked up!

cough...Aluminum DS , cough....RaceStars

excellent passes Shawn and clearly still a bit more in it , wish i'd been there

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Congrats, that's awesome! :rockon:

I wouldn't touch the trans or the suspension... Why fix something that isn't broke!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Maybe I missed it, is his trans slipping?
My tuner has put 250 passes and counting with an untouched A6 trans making 850whp.

Last edited:

2012csgt

Established Member
Yeah I believe the 3-4 clutches are slipping. Logs show it to. Bounced the rev limiter a few times on the 3-4. Not a big deal. And yes Steven 17500, I have a 2.85 high traction. I think when its done I'll crack the 9.40s

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think tony has been 9.5's and brent has been 9.4's. your def getting there. if the trans is starting to slip, that is def causing you some e.t.

very nice passes

2012csgt

Established Member
because it'll be even more expensive to fix if he doesn't haha

I think tony has been 9.5's and brent has been 9.4's. your def getting there. if the trans is starting to slip, that is def causing you some e.t.

very nice passes

Thanks Terry. I will be calling you first thing in the am for the Exedy clutches and shaft upgrade. Do you stock those?

Dtony

Established Member
Congrats, that is a great time. Not many are doing it with the v3.

The best I was able to get was 9.62 @ almost 143 ( 1.35 60 '). I think I was limited by belt slip because I was running the 6 rib with the v3. I was running 12 psi and on MS109 fuel. I have since bought a novi 2200 off Beefcake and picked up a TON of power on E85.
I was a full weight and definitely hit a wall in the 9.6/9.7 range. I am confident more messing around would have gone slightly quicker but I got the urge to go faster now.

FWIW I have a lot of suspension work done to my car.

Last edited:

2012csgt

Established Member
Congrats, that is a great time. Not many are doing it with the v3.

The best I was able to get was 9.62 @ almost 143 ( 1.35 60 '). I think I was limited by belt slip because I was running the 6 rib with the v3. I was running 12 psi and on MS109 fuel. I have since bought a novi 2200 off Beefcake and picked up a TON of power on E85.
I was a full weight and definitely hit a wall in the 9.6/9.7 range. I am confident more messing around would have gone slightly quicker but I got the urge to go faster now.

FWIW I have a lot of suspension work done to my car.

Thanks Dtony, I know you had the Vortech V3 flying along time ago. The logs showed my 3-4 clutches slipping and bouncing the limiter a couple times before shifting. Just ordered the Exedy clutches and shaft from Beefcake. I see you did that on MS109. Thats impressive. I am also on the 6 rib kit but I don't think I'm getting any belt slip. Just talked to Beefcake about possibly upgrading to the JT. I don't know. Have you ran your car since putting the paxton on?

Congrats on the runs! That V3 is moving out! Let me know if you need help with your trans.

Thanks Brett, I appreciate it. Remember my car only has 38k miles on it, so it still has warranty. Lol, Love it.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Thanks Brett, I appreciate it. Remember my car only has 38k miles on it, so it still has warranty. Lol, Love it.[/QUOTE]

Warranty??? What Ford dealer is going to install Exedy cluthes and shaft??

Users who are viewing this thread