Like detailing a yacht

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
#1 and #2 look great! #3 is actually the kind & actual brand I've been reading on. Anybody have one?

I use my Black and Decker battery powered (no cord, 18V rechargeable) yard blower. It is light, has plastic extension/nose, relatively cheap and works perfectly.
I bought it to do light clean-up blowing after grass cutting and it works PERFECT to quickly blow out crevices on the car.
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly, I would just buy an air compressor and get an attachment that has a trigger.

That way you can use it for multiple projects (power tools etc). Not to mention it's stronger.

nickf2005

Established Member
Honestly, I would just buy an air compressor and get an attachment that has a trigger.

That way you can use it for multiple projects (power tools etc). Not to mention it's stronger.

If you're looking to just blow out crevices, then an air compressor will suffice. However, if you're looking to dry the complete car with air, then I don't think that the compressor can deliver the required CFM's to do so. I think I also read somewhere that the air can be heated to help dry as well. Not sure if it was on this model or another I cam across.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If you're looking to just blow out crevices, then an air compressor will suffice. However, if you're looking to dry the complete car with air, then I don't think that the compressor can deliver the required CFM's to do so. I think I also read somewhere that the air can be heated to help dry as well. Not sure if it was on this model or another I cam across.

I guess I missed the part where they were going to dry the whole car with it. Never mind.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
I use my Black and Decker battery powered (no cord, 18V rechargeable) yard blower. It is light, has plastic extension/nose, relatively cheap and works perfectly.
I bought it to do light clean-up blowing after grass cutting and it works PERFECT to quickly blow out crevices on the car.
-J
Does it have enough juice to do the whole car plus the wheels on one charge? I'm assuming so if its a yard blower. That would be great so I could take it with me & not have to worry about finding a place to plug it in when not at home.:)

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes it does as long as its fully charged. I dry the cars with a drying chamois or drying microfiber then blow all the creases and wheels with the blower. I usually do all the glass and door/hood/trunk/fuel doors with a micro and then reblow before detailing spray and tire shine, always enough charge for that routine.
-J

Myfast70

Established Member
I have the same issues with my DIB. It may not be black but it seems just as hard to keep clean. Luckily I've only had to wash mine twice in the 6 months that I've owned it. I do have to wash it a third time now but have been putting that off. I guess I'll get to it this week.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Yes it does as long as its fully charged. I dry the cars with a drying chamois or drying microfiber then blow all the creases and wheels with the blower. I usually do all the glass and door/hood/trunk/fuel doors with a micro and then reblow before detailing spray and tire shine, always enough charge for that routine.
-J
Thanks for the info. Will be looking in to one. A new addition to my cleaning/detailing stuff!

BAS

Established Member
I have the same colour combo, Kapi, and yes - it's a PITA to get show room shiny! I decided to invest in a coating in the end to make it easier. The car was stage 2 polished and a "ceramic pro" coating was applied - like a glass polymer. It was so worth it! No need to wax, I go out in the rain (very carefully) and the rain washes the car for me. It's a hydrophobic coating so the water beads and lifts any dirt and the dirt just drains away.

I just wipe with a very soft cloth. The surface also stops dust scratches which plague this colour as the paint is so soft (the new surface is like a hard varnish). It's even applied to the wheels and plastics.

I thought it was too good to be true - but I'm converted now and will be doing my every day car in the same coating!

Kapy

Established Member
I have the same colour combo, Kapi, and yes - it's a PITA to get show room shiny! I decided to invest in a coating in the end to make it easier. The car was stage 2 polished and a "ceramic pro" coating was applied - like a glass polymer. It was so worth it! No need to wax, I go out in the rain (very carefully) and the rain washes the car for me. It's a hydrophobic coating so the water beads and lifts any dirt and the dirt just drains away.

I just wipe with a very soft cloth. The surface also stops dust scratches which plague this colour as the paint is so soft (the new surface is like a hard varnish). It's even applied to the wheels and plastics.

I thought it was too good to be true - but I'm converted now and will be doing my every day car in the same coating!

Thanks for the info.

I will look it up.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
I agree that DIB is almost like having a Black car. Part time job to keep it clean and shiney.

Users who are viewing this thread