Like detailing a yacht

Kapy

Established Member
Hello everyone, just want to say this is meant to be a fun thread.

Is it just me, or is washing, detailing and waxing this beast like detailing a 40ft Donzi?

I have definitely washed, detailed and waxed many of cars in my life, but man this thing takes time not only to wash, but waxing is brutal man.

It probably has a lot to do with the fact that I am just getting old I suppose.

Not complaining at all, just saying.

Hope all of you had a great cruising weekend.

Oh and the car being black of course does not make any easier.

:beer:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Should've opted for the glass roof..a little less to wax. :D

nickf2005

Established Member
Should've opted for the glass roof..a little less to wax. :D

Saves me approx. 10 minutes and it's also a 25HP adder. Win win!

Kapy, you're right though. It seems as though the nooks and crannies on these things are endless. Throw on top the fact that mine is black and mostly a DD, I either spend ridiculous amounts of time cleaning, or just deal with a dirty car longer.

5Eight0shelby

SVT poster
Established Member

Kapy, you're right though. It seems as though the nooks and crannies on these things are endless. Throw on top the fact that mine is black and mostly a DD, I either spend ridiculous amounts of time cleaning, or just deal with a dirty car longer.

^^ just like you said either your spending alot of time keeping it look good or letting look dirty just an extra few days. I also have the same color and in the enviroment i live in its dusty all the time. Wash and dry and in just a few mins a layer of red dust! Still Love the color! :beer:

Kapy

Established Member

Yeah the water drips are endless it seems.

And this car is a tad bigger than my last Terminator body style.

The Terminator body seemed a little quicker to wash and wax.

Kapy

Established Member
580, love that Avatar man everytime I see it.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Mine's not a D/D, So I wash her on 1 day and only start to shine her. Then either next day or following day I finish things up

+2 on the glass roof/time. But I also polish the glass so thats a wash...lol

ponygirl06

Established Member
Your car is stunning in your signature. I think black with red stripes is the meanest combination, but black is a pain to keep clean. My last car was black and I will never get a black car again.

strict9

Established Member
I know this sounds funny but in the cracks and crevices of a black car, I use canned air or an air compressor to lightly blow out the windows/rear views to clean some of that up. I despise cleaning the car and coming back 10min later to see water marks down the side of the car

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Yep it gets old, but the feeling you get when its done. When you know its spotless, and give it THAT look. Makes you smile dont it?

nickf2005

Established Member
^^ just like you said either your spending alot of time keeping it look good or letting look dirty just an extra few days. I also have the same color and in the enviroment i live in its dusty all the time. Wash and dry and in just a few mins a layer of red dust! Still Love the color! :beer:

We deal with layers of yellow pollen here in the Mid-South. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah the water drips are endless it seems.

And this car is a tad bigger than my last Terminator body style.

The Terminator body seemed a little quicker to wash and wax.

I doesn't seem to matter what I do. There's always that one streak.

I know this sounds funny but in the cracks and crevices of a black car, I use canned air or an air compressor to lightly blow out the windows/rear views to clean some of that up. I despise cleaning the car and coming back 10min later to see water marks down the side of the car

If I have the time, I break out the pancake compressor and blow out around all the lights, rear quarters windows, front windows, side mirrors, trunk channel, fuel door, snake emblems, and grill. It's no quick process.

The last two times I've done a wash, I just took it to a power wash station and cruised the interstate for a while. Not perfect, but I didn't feel like investing 3 hours into it. Took me 20 minutes instead.

Kapy

Established Member
Your car is stunning in your signature. I think black with red stripes is the meanest combination, but black is a pain to keep clean. My last car was black and I will never get a black car again.

Thank you :)

You have an awesome color combo as well :rockon:

dom418

Established Member
I suppose it may be because this iteration is physically larger than the pre 07 models. More sheet metal? It is a labor of love though. The rims are the killer to clean.

nickf2005

Established Member
I'm thinking about getting one of those car dryer/blowers. Anybody use one?

Cool, I Googled "Car Blower". I'm assuming this isn't what you were talking about?

images

So, I did some more research... Getting closer...

images

Then, I found this...

[youtube_browser]QhOjfB7Sl2Y[/youtube_browser]

Found on Amazon for $332.
Metro Vacuum MB3CD Air force Master Blaster 8-HP Motorcycle Dryer - Amazon.com

Users who are viewing this thread