Lightnings and SRT-10 owners can Co-Exist

UtOhCop

Established Member
I just picked up my SRT-10 and stopped to show a lady friend the new truck. Lighting owner pulled up and we had a nice convo about the truck for 15 minutes and i took him for a ride. Pretty cool guy. Had a ported Eaton. Said it did 12's and i could believe that.

No hostility, No bickering. I know the SRT10 will lose to a Modded lightning but i don't care. I don't understand where all the hate comes from.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Eh, I don't think there's all that much "hate" for the trucks... Just the usual competition. Mustang and Camaro, Viper and Vette... Muscle truck v. muscle truck.

I think there's alot of mutual appreciation... Well, at least on our side. I don't know how the SRT-10 drivers view our trucks.

They're pretty awesome, though. Especially with that dropped price... Enjoy it.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
I think most of it comes from all of the hype about the truck- Ford worked hard to get the respect of the auto world with the 2nd gen L's. Then Dodge came out with their truck and all you heard about was oh its got a 500hp viper engine. No one ever mentioned how 04 L's were running mid 13's, and the Dodge was running very similar times (better). All you heard about was the magical 120hp difference, and how Dodge had the world's fastest truck etc. etc. Throw in the fact that Ford decided not to build the new L and there is plenty of resentment. To me it seems like a lot of "other performance truck owners" just don't respect trucks like the L, and even the old Gm cyclones of yesterday, I dunno

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:
I think most of it comes from all of the hype about the truck- Ford worked hard to get the respect of the auto world with the 2nd gen L's. Then Dodge came out with their truck and all you heard about was oh its got a 500hp viper engine. No one ever mentioned how 04 L's were running mid 13's, and the Dodge was running very similar times (better). All you heard about was the magical 120hp difference, and how Dodge had the world's fastest truck etc. etc. Throw in the fact that Ford decided not to build the new L and there is plenty of resentment. To me it seems like a lot of "other performance truck owners" just don't respect trucks like the L, and even the old Gm cyclones of yesterday, I dunno
agreed

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
E. Green Cobra said:

Agreed.

Some SRT-10 owners are going to respect the L, im sure, however, alot may not because of the marketing done by Dodge.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
NewKid said:
Agreed.

Some SRT-10 owners are going to respect the L, im sure, however, alot may not because of the marketing done by Dodge.

If they don't respect Lightnings, they will after they race one. The only good chance I had to race one was one night at a local hangout. The owner declined. I wonder why? LoL

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Of course they can :beer:
000_0309.jpg

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Adding $10K to an SRT-10 = :eek:

Some people keep forgetting it's the Viper motor in there...one capable of insane RWHP/RWTQ.

fatwake2000

Established Member
i think you have a different type of buyer for each truck. L owner are for the most part the normal guy, who likes to have something different that can also hall @ss and still be used as a truck if needed. where are most srt-10 owners tend to have a little more money and often buy it because of it being a viper engine and different then all the others in the ocupation. at least that is what i see

UtOhCop

Established Member
Holy shit cobra. The L looks like a midget next to the SRT-10

05 Roush,

Water/Methanol Injected....comes-on 3000/rpm
Paxton 7#'s/boost
Not sure what else he has

250654.jpg

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
UtOhCop said:
Holy shit cobra. The L looks like a midget next to the SRT-10

05 Roush,

Water/Methanol Injected....comes-on 3000/rpm
Paxton 7#'s/boost
Not sure what else he has

250654.jpg

:eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

And thanks for the midget comment. I previously mentioned the word "dwarf" in a previous post, but I got slammed by L owners like I didn't know WTF I was talking about.

earl lee

Established Member
inteller said:
the SRT-10 is retardedly huge...and heavy.

Its a truck, the toyota x-runner will prolly fit you more. Its small like your focus.

UtOhCop

Established Member
05 Roush said:
:eek: :eek: :thumbsup:

And thanks for the midget comment. I previously mentioned the word "dwarf" in a previous post, but I got slammed by L owners like I didn't know WTF I was talking about.

It looks like it's little brother in that picture.

I'd also like to add that it seems dodge choked off the 8.3L in the SRT-10 Ram. CAI and Catback combined are netting 30rwhp and 50rwtq increases.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
UtOhCop said:
It looks like it's little brother in that picture.

I'd also like to add that it seems dodge choked off the 8.3L in the SRT-10 Ram. CAI and Catback combined are netting 30rwhp and 50rwtq increases.

Sounds awefully familiar.. :-D

What's a decent S/C config for these things? I know the Novi's are great, but hella pricey.

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
05 Roush said:
Adding $10K to an SRT-10 = :eek:

Some people keep forgetting it's the Viper motor in there...one capable of insane RWHP/RWTQ.

UNfortunately its a viper motor in there- so of that 10K 8K went to a set of headers... now of course thats a bit of an exageration but modding viper motors ain't cheap, and extracting big numbers from them is a little more involved and costly than slapping some boost to em, maybe the srt's are different than the older gen vipers but after 2000?, they came with crappy rods/pistons like most other cars ....for 75 or 80K (50K for the trucks) Dodge could give em bullet proof engines IMO

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
The outcomes look nice. Glad you have something to look forward too. Cant wait to see it on an SRT 10. Until then, SRT 10s will still be continue to be owned by Lightnings.

UtOhCop

Established Member
05 Roush said:
Sounds awefully familiar.. :-D

What's a decent S/C config for these things? I know the Novi's are great, but hella pricey.

As of right now the king on the SRT-10's are the Novi 2000 kits. ROE is working on a twin screw kit but there is no release date. PTK has single and twin kits available. STS has that remote mounted bullshit but i don't trust it.

E. Green Cobra said:
UNfortunately its a viper motor in there- so of that 10K 8K went to a set of headers...

Actually it's not that expensive at all. The Gibson headers i have pictured below are only 539.99 for the set. Ofcourse if you want LT's you're gonna pay 1200. Catbacks are 600-700 dollars, Mid pipes are very cheap. 300-400 at the most

GP-GPS312S_400.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread