Lightning vs S197 GT mustang

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Sorry no video.

So a buddy of mine stopped by to say hi. We ended up deciding to run them. His has stage 2 cams, 3.73 gears, intake, full exhaust, tune, tb and other misc bolt ons.

Anyway. We went from a dig both did ok getting traction. Both peddled it and finally hooked. I pulled about 2 lengths on him by 85mph. So then we did a 45 roll. I agreed to let him pic the speed. I had him by 3 lengths by 110. Overall it was fun and I got the wins. Now he is planning on more mods. Hope I can get a 2.6 kenne bell before we race again. Should be a nice surprise for him. Lol

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Nice kill. My old L was an ass ripper off the line, she really shined from low speed pulls.

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice kill. What mods do you have? I know with my 05 Mustang GT, basic bolt ons, 3.73's, stage 3 cams, brenspeed tune..i was running a 12.9 @109 but a 2.1 60' with the stock tires. Didn't get to run it with any DRs. The cams let me pull it all the way to 6500rpms though.

jpac811

Slow 3v
Established Member
Thank you. Sounds like a strong L. Has the OP ran it at the track?

I remember racing a black Lighting in Tampa back when my car was stock besides the base Whipple kit and Borla cat back(370-380whp) and we were door to door with me pulling an inch or so the faster we went. He said he had exhaust, pulley and a tune. I raced another one at the track about a year ago but the out come was totally different. I think he was running low 13s to my low 12s. I would link the video but I cant access You Tube from here right now.

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member
Nice kill your truck is a straight beast bro

Rattlesnake3:16 vs buckachow when u get the 2.6 I got first dibs:beer:

Buckachow

KACHOW
Established Member
Thanks for posting the video of my truck. It is on a very similar setup.

Built motor, stage 2 cams, 10# lower pulley and supporting mods. Ran 12.2 at the 1/4 on Hoosier slicks with Lakewood traction bars. Waiting to get the stiffler long bars once they ship them after receiving everyone's payment.

Plan on ordering a kenne bell 2.6 this summer and possibly the Jlp powerflow plenum

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread