light weight battery.....?

Q8_Shelby

Ford Mens Factory
Established Member
Hi guys . I need to change my battery and I'm looking to reduce weight. What you think ?

THANKS .

Update 12/8/09
Got the Braille Limited Edition Carbon Battery. They are only going to be making 500 of them and I happen to be # 2.
IMG00233-20091207-1604.jpg

Last edited:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member

Q8_Shelby

Ford Mens Factory
Established Member
I got the Braille Limited edition Battery with bracket and it only weighs 15lbs. They do have a 6.6lbs battery but it wasn't recommended for a daily driver. :) It should be here soon. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:

fghtrpilot

Established Member
Stock Battery is 37 Lbs....just replaced mine with an Optima #35 Red Top since the Motorcraft is not maintence free and is going out on me. No difference in weight but big difference in cranking amps.:beer:

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member

Brian Z.

Established Member
If my car sits for any length of time (a week or more) and it gets cold in my garage my braille battery doesn't even have enough charge to start my car. I've had to get a trickle charger for it and it hasn't even gotten that cold out yet. As long as it's warm out and getting driven a lot then its great to save the weight but I'm a little disappointed at how quickly it loses a charge.

kent1

Established Member
If my car sits for any length of time (a week or more) and it gets cold in my garage my braille battery doesn't even have enough charge to start my car. I've had to get a trickle charger for it and it hasn't even gotten that cold out yet. As long as it's warm out and getting driven a lot then its great to save the weight but I'm a little disappointed at how quickly it loses a charge.

Where the positive cable hooks up with your battery you can get an on and off switch which prevents the car from draining your battery. I don't know where you get it or buy it but I have one on my camaro and it works great. The battery lasts a long time this way. The best thing you can do with a small battery.

Users who are viewing this thread