Light weight battery

GT500wantabe

Established Member
My question has probably been discussed but the search feature doesn't seem to work so I'll ask the question. What is a good choice for a light weight battery that doesn't break the bank? My battery weighs 34#. Awful lot of weight on the front!

Willie

Established Member
I bought my second 2008 earlier this year in Alabama. I traveled from Tucson. The car has a Braille "no-weight" battery, which I've never heard of nor seen until I saw it in this car. It is a very small battery but never having it out of the car, I do not know what it weighs.

GT500wantabe

Established Member

rdsnk46

Established Member
Odyssey Batteries makes a excellent light weight solution. I used their battery with great success in my 2008 GT500 and I think it would work fine in a newer GT500.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I ran that exact battery on my 2008 GT500 with no issue. Never a cranking issue but the 13-14 has the front and rear courtesy lights when you unlock the door. I believe they are all LED which have minimal draw.

GT500wantabe

Established Member
I ran that exact battery on my 2008 GT500 with no issue. Never a cranking issue but the 13-14 has the front and rear courtesy lights when you unlock the door. I believe they are all LED which have minimal draw.
These 2013s do have a lot of lights come on every time the door is opened is why I was mostly concerned. Of course the front and back but also two overhead in the interior, dash lights and door sill lighting. If somebody with a 2013/2014 has tried this battery with success would be helpful. It's certainly lighter and cheaper than the Braille B3121.

rdsnk46

Established Member
These 2013s do have a lot of lights come on every time the door is opened is why I was mostly concerned. Of course the front and back but also two overhead in the interior, dash lights and door sill lighting. If somebody with a 2013/2014 has tried this battery with success would be helpful. It's certainly lighter and cheaper than the Braille B3121.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread