License plate mounting

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Anyone have any ideas on how to mount your license plate "drill-free"?

After dropping a small fortune on the cervinis bumper the last thing I am considering is drilling holes through it. Unfortunately, this comes at a price. A $60 fine to be exact. Fine and dandy to be paid up front, but I have a feeling there will be more tickets where this one came from.

Also the less attention I can draw the better.. yeah.... something like that.. :pepper:

Anyway, if anyones got some ideas lay em out!

As always, thanks in advance.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Will do. In the meantime, ideas are always welcome.

EDIT:

Yeah so I searched the forums and didn't really find anything useful. Just a bunch of posts about giving in and drilling, or just paying the ticket and not doing a thing.

I am, however, in the process of googling this subject, and I found this, if any 05- owners are looking, this might be a godsend for you..

http://www.ccmustangbrackets.com/brackets.html

Things look really well built, and the guy isnt asking too much for them IMO. I mailed him explaining my situation, so tomorrow we'll see if he mails me back concerning a possible custom bracket for the sn95s. I dont think my cervinis bumper will be an issue since I believe the lower gap is the same measurements as stock, theoreticially.

Last edited:

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
Good news!

I got an email back from Craig's Customs, and he said if I send a few pics, he might be able to fabricate something for me.

I'll keep everyone updated, maybe if enough of us are interested, he'll start making sn-95 aplications regularly.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
That is pretty nice, looks real solid too. Unfortunately I dont have a welder or access to one. I just sent the pictures to this guy, so we'll see how it goes when he responds tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed.

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
NY staties are notorious assholes, thats a no can do.

When I got pulled over, the plate was the first thing he noticed, then he bitched about the tint, tires slightly over the fenders, the exhaust, and tried to say I was speeding in the process by saying "oh well I had to accelerate to catch up to you". To which my mind said "no shit sherlock, thats what you have to do to catchup to a car who was already several hundred feet down the road from you to begin with".

Either way, if they have no excuse to initially pull me over, especially for something as blateltly obivous as the front plate, then I won't get harassed as much, which will mean less tickets for everything else they want to be dicks about. Theres slight method to my madness.

BTW mystical, just in case this guy can't whip something up for me, what was that guys username? I'm interested in PMing him to see if he might be willing to make a second one for a price.

Last edited:

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
NY staties are notorious assholes, thats a no can do.

When I got pulled over, the plate was the first thing he noticed, then he bitched about the tint, tires slightly over the fenders, the exhaust, and tried to say I was speeding in the process by saying "oh well I had to accelerate to catch up to you". To which my mind said "no shit sherlock, thats what you have to do to catchup to a car who was already several hundred feet down the road from you to begin with".

Either way, if they have no excuse to initially pull me over, especially for something as blateltly obivous as the front plate, then I won't get harassed as much, which will mean less tickets for everything else they want to be dicks about. Theres slight method to my madness.

BTW mystical, just in case this guy can't whip something up for me, what was that guys username? I'm interested in PMing him to see if he might be willing to make a second one for a price.
Never had no problems here. Never will!:nono:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I hate to take a negative attitude on this front plate subject, but the door has been opened ... if an owner doesn't want to obey the laws of their state, they really don't have a legitimate complaint if they get a ticket. If you can't possibly live with the rules, you'll just have to move.

I know the Cobras look a lot more trim and attractive with no front plate, but the idea of fighting city hall is just plain ridiculous.

Only a rich man would keep paying fines, just to keep the plate off. JMO, and no offense to any of the owners that have replied to this post.
:banana::beer::beer::banana:

Rocsfinest97

Domestics > Imports
Established Member
^ my thoughts exactly. Thats why my whole thought process is "screw it, lets get this thing mounted up so I dont have to worry about it anymore". And like I said, its one less doorway for them to walk through to pick apart my car.

Craig emailed me back really fast, within the hour. Said he'll make a custom one AND powdercoat it black for me. Didn't talk price but we'll find out that part in the next email, so far I'm getting pumped though!

Koval7887

Established Member
i feel ur pain. i've had 22 tickets and i'm only 20. only 4 of them were moving violations. the front plate really does open the door. i've gotten bald tires, improper rear plate display (cover). i've yet to get a ticket in my cobra however. a large part of this is probably because my front plate is on my cobra...mainly because the damn holes were already in the bumper when i bought it...it would have been hard to gain the guts to drill holes in it myself...lol...

Last edited:

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
sigcv8.jpg

I"m sorry but i can't help but notice that you've got some 275 tires absolutely STRETCHED to hell on some 10" wide wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread