Liberty 26 Spline Input Shaft Installation,,,Pix!!

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
DSG2003SVT said:
Please keep the pics posted up, I'm subscribing for future ref. Nice write up.

No problem,,,they will stay up for a long time to come. :beer:

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Thanks for the pics, Which TOB sleeve did you use? And where did you get it? Mine start squeaking a little bit so I'm ready to do the same thing you did.

Edit: Maybe if I read the post before I ask :bash:

Last edited:

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
newbreed77 said:
Yes it is an aftermarket one. Mcleod makes it. You can order it from Summit the part # 8-118-1 :thumbsup:

:beer:

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
Yeah, unfortunately I found out today that my Mcleod retainer sleeve is on back order from Summit! My total for the order was $119.00! I think they caught on that this particular throw out bearing retainer sleeve is a hot item.

03yellow

Established Member
end play

The ford dealer put mine in he used the stock shim. I am getting a bad vibration in the drive line at 70+mph.
Do you think this is my problem???

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
03yellow said:
The ford dealer put mine in he used the stock shim. I am getting a bad vibration in the drive line at 70+mph.
Do you think this is my problem???
They probably didn't put your drive shaft back in correctly. (I assume they checked the endplay on the input shaft. It would be a major coincidence if the stock shim was correct. My stock shim was .0398 and I ended up using a .0434 to get it set up right with the new shaft.)

Last edited:

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
dustin said:
Yeah, unfortunately I found out today that my Mcleod retainer sleeve is on back order from Summit! My total for the order was $119.00! I think they caught on that this particular throw out bearing retainer sleeve is a hot item.
I got mine directly from McLeod. No problem, got it right away.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Just out of curiousity, I searched for that part #8-118-1 on Summit's website, and it says that it fits a T-5 transmission. Is it the same part that fits our T-56? Just want to make sure. I'm going to be installing a new DFX setup in the next month or so, and would like to change out the TOB sleeve at the same time to avoid future problems.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
HawkMech said:
Just out of curiousity, I searched for that part #8-118-1 on Summit's website, and it says that it fits a T-5 transmission. Is it the same part that fits our T-56? Just want to make sure. I'm going to be installing a new DFX setup in the next month or so, and would like to change out the TOB sleeve at the same time to avoid future problems.
That's the correct part. Their website is not up to date on that.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Just got done installing my new DFX setup and input shaft today. Thanx again for the write-up. Pics helped a lot when it came time to tear into the tranny. Now I just need a firewall adjuster. Clutch is barely engaging now. It's enough to drive on OK, but if I romp on it, the clutch slips.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
Don't think that the clutch diameter matters as long as it's a 26 spline. My clutch is an 11" like all other Terminators and many GT's

ByeOfficer

Fast cop in FL
Established Member
New registered member here. It's posts like this that make me feel more confident to do my own work instead of paying $70 n hour shop labor. Thank you!!!

autoxstang

Coyote Lover
Established Member
DaBoss302 said:
Nice writeup.

what gauges do I need to measure the shims.. Not sure how you set it up on the bellhousing and measure the correct shim u needed.

how well has your clutch hooked up and do you get any chatter?

+1

Users who are viewing this thread