LFP Heatexchanger Installed

JasonHogan

Established Member
I just got my Lightning Force Performance Heat Exchanger installed and it took no time at all. Fit great with little mods having to be done to it. I give it an A+ and will post some pics soon.

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Great!!! Let see some pictures with that Silver Cobra!!!

If you use a clean drain pan and run the used intercooler fluid (antifreeze), through a fine mesh to remove any dirt, it will reguire a very small amount of antifreeze. You can also use Redline Watter Wetter and some destilled water to make up the difference. I suggest that you use the Ford Gold antifreeze, if that's what came stock in your car. Good luck!!!

JasonHogan

Established Member
I just drained the whole thing and put in new Motorcraft Premium Gold with some water. I think it only took a little over 3 quarts.

I will deffently get some pics soon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The aftermarket HEs should be on everyone's mod list. I never got to install one myself, but if I were to do it all over again it would be one of my priority mods.

As far as the coolant, be sure not to mix them. Depending on the build date, '03 Cobras came with either the Gold or Green coolant. Richo, so all of the '04 have the Gold coolant?

Richo

"Ford Parts Whore"
Established Member
Yes Bob, all of the 04's have the Gold antifreeze. It was the early run 03 Cobra's that had the green. The whole intercooler and heat exchanger system holds less than 1 gallon of coolant. Ford recommends a 50/50 mix of distilled water and antifreeze. Kenne Bell recomends a 70% distilled water/30% antifreeze mix. I usually add Redline water-wetter and stick with the 50/50 mix.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks! I assumed that was the case but wanted a confirmation. :)

Users who are viewing this thread